Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johners Horse/Football bets

• 26-10-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start a thread. Will be mainly horse racing which will be my own selections and some tips I get, and the odd football bet. :)

Starting with a bank of 100pts. Using the layout Pyro uses(hopefully it will be as successful for me as it is for him :) )

1st selection is,

3.25 Haydock - Mostly Bob

2pts e/w 5/1 Bet 365

An unexposed horse with only 3 starts over hurdles(winning 2 and coming second in the other). Won his bumper back in January 09 for Willie Mullins on heavy ground and was then transferred to the Phillip Hobbs yard, 2nd on debut over hurdles in March of this year to a good sort in Williams Wishes(has won twice since), then followed that up with a comfortable maiden hurdle win. Mostly Bob's last run was in May at Aintree were he won a good novice hurdle(4 horses have come out of that race and won) on good ground.Richard Johnson was the jockey that day and he takes the ride again tomorrow. Phillip Hobbs yard have been in cracking form and this one should go close tomorrow in his first handicap start. The race is over 2m 4f, a distance in which Mostly Bob is 2/2 at.

Will have a few more in a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

2.40 Musselburgh - Fremen

3pts at (forecast 5/2 but will put proper price up in the morning when it's up)

Well what can I say about this horse, has won me a load! Has been in flying form this season in this low grade, started his season in April and has won 8/10 of it's starts including 4/4 at this track Musselburgh, overall in its career is 7/12 at this track. Adrian Nicholls takes the ride for Dandy and it's safe to say he gets on well with this horse winning an incredible 12 times on him 6 coming this season. The ground is forecast to be Good to soft(soft in places) which Fremen won't mind at all. The big danger in this race is the Mark Johnston trained Opus Maximus, I just feel he might need slightly better ground. I think the top two in the market will fight out the finish but I'm hoping the in form Fremen can get the better of the Johnston horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

if u take SP on a horse what odds will u end up with?. first "good" odds? or winning odds??..

best of luck with thread lad...

Last one for tomorrow is,

3.20 Punchestown - Noble Prince

3pts - (forecast 7/4 again will update with the price I take in the morning)

Always a bit of a gamble backing a horse first time out over fences but Noble Prince is the class horse in the field of 8. This horse won 3 hurdle races here in Ireland before being upped in grade and went on to be placed in 3 grade 2 races in a row. Went to Cheltenham and came a good 5th in the county hurdle at the festival this year. Last run was back in April at this track where he finished 4th in the grade 1 stayers hurdle to the classy mare Quevega. This is the best hurdle form on offer, the horse looks like it was made for chasing and I guess we will see tomorrow but I'm taking the gamble on it making a winner debut over fences. The excellent Paul Carberry takes the ride and the ground should be no problem at all.

whitts wrote: »
    if u take SP on a horse what odds will u end up with?. first "good" odds? or winning odds??..

best of luck with thread lad...

Cheers. :)

SP will be the starting price, the price the horse goes off at. I'll update the thread with the price I will take in the morning. :)

10 pts staked for tomorrow. Watch them all fall. :( ( even the one on the flat knowing my luck) :o

Johner wrote: »
    2.40 Musselburgh - Fremen

3pts at (forecast 5/2 but will put proper price up in the morning when it's up)

Well what can I say about this horse, has won me a load! Has been in flying form this season in this low grade, started his season in April and has won 8/10 of it's starts including 4/4 at this track Musselburgh, overall in its career is 7/12 at this track. Adrian Nicholls takes the ride for Dandy and it's safe to say he gets on well with this horse winning an incredible 12 times on him 6 coming this season. The ground is forecast to be Good to soft(soft in places) which Fremen won't mind at all. The big danger in this race is the Mark Johnston trained Opus Maximus, I just feel he might need slightly better ground. I think the top two in the market will fight out the finish but I'm hoping the in form Fremen can get the better of the Johnston horse.

Evens for this one, a bit shorter than I hoped and is odds on in places.

3pts at Evens.

• Advertisement

Always a bit of a gamble backing a horse first time out over fences but Noble Prince is the class horse in the field of 8. This horse won 3 hurdle races here in Ireland before being upped in grade and went on to be placed in 3 grade 2 races in a row. Went to Cheltenham and came a good 5th in the county hurdle at the festival this year. Last run was back in April at this track where he finished 4th in the grade 1 stayers hurdle to the classy mare Quevega. This is the best hurdle form on offer, the horse looks like it was made for chasing and I guess we will see tomorrow but I'm taking the gamble on it making a winner debut over fences. The excellent Paul Carberry takes the ride and the ground should be no problem at all.

3pts at 5/4.

Evens for this one, a bit shorter than I hoped and is odds on in places.

3pts at Evens.

Bad start with Fremen, money for Opus Maximus and King of the Moors told and they came 1st and 2nd.

One more for today is,

5.10 Haydock - Drill Sergeant

4pts at 6/5

Noble Prince wins a shade cosily after being hampered 2 out.

3.25 Haydock - Mostly Bob

2pts e/w 5/1 Bet 365

Unplaced.

Weakened coming into the straight. Will come on for that run though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

One more for today is,

4pts at 6/5

im going to be more than likely backing this fella aswel,
    stands a massive chance imo.

One more for today is,

4pts at 6/5

Reasoning for this one,

Very good horse on the flat for Mark Johnston winning a couple of big handicaps a few years ago before competing in listed and group races although not with any success. Over hurdles Drill Sergeant won it's debut nicely on today's ground with the champ McCoy on board. Next time out he finished second in a run that I think can be forgiven, for starters there was only 4 horses in the race so there wasn't much pace on and Drill Sergeant led when ideally he would like to be tracking the leaders which worked very well on its first run. Donald McCain has McCoy booked again and there's no better man to get him home. Has to give weight all round but I think will be too strong. Danger is Mister Wall Street.

coughlan08 wrote: »
    im going to be more than likely backing this fella aswel,
    stands a massive chance imo.

Definitely! just put some reasoning up. :)

Reasoning for this one,

Very good horse on the flat for Mark Johnston winning a couple of big handicaps a few years ago before competing in listed and group races although not with any success. Over hurdles Drill Sergeant won it's debut nicely on today's ground with the champ McCoy on board. Next time out he finished second in a run that I think can be forgiven, for starters there was only 4 horses in the race so there wasn't much pace on and Drill Sergeant led when ideally he would like to be tracking the leaders which worked very well on its first run. Donald McCain has McCoy booked again and there's no better man to get him home. Has to give weight all round but I think will be too strong. Danger is Mister Wall Street.

Also forgot to add that his last run was over 2m 4f and is dropping back to 2m today the distance which Drill Sergeant opened his account over hurdles in.

Just a quick one just had a little bet on this.

Nottingham 4.15 - Naddwah

1pt at 11/2

Just a quick one just had a little bet on this.

Nottingham 4.15 - Naddwah

1pt at 11/2

No good. :o

All on Drill Sergeant now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

Had south cape myself pity I didn't state it in my own log

At the moment,

Total points staked today - 15pts
    Total points returned - 6.75 pts(-8.25)
    Currently in play - 4pts.

Current bank - 91.75pts(-8.25) :o

Just got word for The Corby Glenn at Punchestown 4.55, will have a small nibble.

1pt e/w at 4/1

Reasoning for this one,

Drill Sergeant wins in the strangest race i've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

Never Seen the likes of it..

Lovely Win :)

Unreal, I was watching on a stream and I was sure he was pulled up! Amazing stuff to win it though. :)

Total points staked today - 17pts
    Total points returned - 15.55pts (-1.45)

Current bank - 98.55pts(-1.45)

Small loss so far.

2pts on Ross Bay at 11/8 in the last at Punchestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Nice one Johner! Followed your Drill Sergeant bet :)

What happened that made it strange? Missed the race, had to pop up to the shops.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Nice one Johner! Followed your Drill Sergeant bet :)

What happened that made it strange? Missed the race, had to pop up to the shops.

No problem. :)

Drill Sergeant went about 10 lengths clear but after a bit seemed to pull him self up, then was last but kept on going. Here is the racing post commentary on it, amazing stuff so it was!

Off and running
    Drill Sergeant sent straight to the front
    Daggerman & Vallani very iffy over the first
    Mister Wall Street lies second
    Stevie Thunder third
    Drill Sergeant taking no prisoners here, he's clear by 12ls
    Attaglance & Brother Bob both made mistakes in rear, they're 30ls off the pace
    Drill Sergeant leads
    Daggerman lies second
    Vallani third
    Stevie Thunder & Wild Desert next
    Drill Sergeant has pulled himself up on the turn
    dramatic stuff at Haydock, the favourite has thrown in the towel
    Drill Sergeant trying to get into the race again, he dropped right back to last
    Vallani leads
    Daggerman lies second
    Drill Sergeant somehow back into third
    Robertewenutter 4th
    Hallstatt 5th
    Mister Wall Street 6th
    Stevie Thunder next
    Wild Desert weakening
    Drill Sergeant & Robertewenutter disputing
    Drill Sergeant an amazing performance here, if this wins it'll hit the headlines
    Vallani hampered
    Vallani weakening
    3 out
    Robertewenutter leads
    Drill Sergeant touches down in front
    Mister Wall Street lies second
    Brother Bob making headway
    2 out
    Drill Sergeant by 1l
    Brother Bob & Morning Farewell making headway
    Brother Bob, Drill Sergeant & Morning Farewell disputing
    final fence
    Brother Bob edges on
    Drill Sergeant battling back
    Brother Bob & Drill Sergeant all out
    Drill Sergeant clinging on
    Drill Sergeant WINS IT, remarkable scenes

2pts on Ross Bay at 11/8 in the last at Punchestown.

Found nothing on the home turn and finished 2nd,

Small footy double. :)

Arsenal (5/6) and Aston Villa (4/7) to win. 3.55pts.

Bank - 93pts(-7.00)

Here is what I have for Kempton, no write up's as I'm heading out for a bit. :)

6.10 - Anne's Rocket 1pt at 9/2

Double
    2pts
    6.40 - Twice Bitten 10/11
    7.40 - Flag Officer 6/4

That's it, won't get to see these at all though.

Bank - 90pts(-10)

Here is what I have for Kempton, no write up's as I'm heading out for a bit. :)

6.10 - Anne's Rocket 1pt at 9/2

Double
    2pts
    6.40 - Twice Bitten 10/11
    7.40 - Flag Officer 6/4

That's it, won't get to see these at all though.

Bank - 90pts(-10)

Anne's Rocket drifted in the market and could only manage 7th.

Twice bitten and Flag Officer both win to bring in the double which returns 9.55pts

Bank - 99.55pts(-0.45)

• Advertisement

Last one tonight purely because of the market and who the trainer is,

8.40 Kempton - Allanit

2pts at 5/1.

Was 10/1 earlier and is being backed, the trainer is none other than Barney Curley, if this keeps getting backed then you know the great man is up to something, but if it drifts closer to the race it will finish tailed off.

Advertisement