Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johners Horse/Football bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

5 pts on Araucaria 5/6 - Downroyal 1.35

Really like the look of this mare, very impressive over timber so far and I think she will be very hard to beat.

Two big dangers are Oilily and Macville in what looks a very hot contest but I'm confident Araucaria can be effective in this grade.

Didn't handle the drop back to 2m, thought she would but was horribly wrong.

3pts on Blackstairmountain 2.05 at 4/1

Took a little break, went through a very bad run but have a couple for today,

Warwick 1.00 - Jeanry 1.5pts e/w at 9/2

Should have won last time out if the jockey didn't ease up and had it in the bag, run's off the same mark today and should go well.

Warwick 2.00 Life Long 1pt e/w at 50/1

Bumper winner who has been crying out for further, will come on for the last run and a good jockey on board today, with 4 places he's worth an e/w bet.

• Advertisement

Hexam 2.10 Fair Spin 3pts at 11/4

Won well last time out on this ground and doesn't carry a penalty for that, should be hard to beat looking for a four timer over hurdles.

Hexam 1.10 - Noble Scholar 2pts at 3/1

Good bumper horse this C&D winner and should come on for it's debut last time out.

Johner wrote: »
    Took a little break, went through a very bad run but have a couple for today,

Warwick 1.00 - Jeanry 1.5pts e/w at 9/2

Should have won last time out if the jockey didn't ease up and had it in the bag, run's off the same mark today and should go well.

Ran well for a long way but couldn't go with the front two on the home turn, finished third though. Only returns 2.85pts though.

Will do the bank at the end of the day, cant see it being too pretty though. :o

Noble Scholar finished 3rd. :(

Limerick 1.25 - Maggie Connoly 2pts at 9/2

Better than her last run suggests and she is worth another chance.

Noble Scholar finished 3rd. :(

Limerick 1.25 - Maggie Connoly 2pts at 9/2

Better than her last run suggests and she is worth another chance.

Argh second at 11/2 :o

Last one is at Lingfield 1.50 - Join Up 3pts at 7/2

Very consistent horse, C&D winner hopefully he can get his head in front again today.

• Advertisement

Warwick 2.00 Life Long 1pt e/w at 50/1

Bumper winner who has been crying out for further, will come on for the last run and a good jockey on board today, with 4 places he's worth an e/w bet.

Ran a nice race at 80/1 finishing 6th.

Hexam 2.10 Fair Spin 3pts at 11/4

Won well last time out on this ground and doesn't carry a penalty for that, should be hard to beat looking for a four timer over hurdles.

Dead heat for 1st.

Bank - 61.47

1.47pts on Sir Du Bearn here at Warwick 2.30 10/3

2nd.

Favourite was very impressive.

Hexam 3.10 Douglas Julian 4pts at 5/2

Was well backed before the off and wins easily. Returns 14pts.

Bank - 70pts

Warwick 3.30 - Miss Fleur 2pts at 11/4

Looks a weak race and Miss Fleur won nicely last time out, despite a 7 pound penalty I think she will be hard to beat.

Hexam 3.40 - Danceintothelight 3pts at 7/4

Would have made a winning start over hurdles only to fall 2 out on his debut,he will take all the beating here today.

Warwick 3.30 - Miss Fleur 2pts at 11/4

Looks a weak race and Miss Fleur won nicely last time out, despite a 7 pound penalty I think she will be hard to beat.

3rd.
    Hexam 3.40 - Danceintothelight 3pts at 7/4

Would have made a winning start over hurdles only to fall 2 out on his debut,he will take all the beating here today.

Rallied well to win and see off Molon Labe and the well backed favourite Manxman. Drifted to 9/4

• Advertisement

A good day back today, gradually doing a bit better.

Bank 74.5pts

Ireland 2.5pts at 7/5

Treble of Ireland(7/5),Germany(11/10) and Holland(2/5)

2pts - potential returns 14.11pts

Football one's were no good.Ireland lose. :mad: Germany draw and Holland win.

Hereford 1.00 - Rock of Deauville 2pts at 5/2

Risky one here, but I think the favourite is too short and I'm willing to take him on with the Nicholls french import, the fav may very well romp it but I think it's worth taking him on. This horse won 2/3 on the flat in France on ground like today and with Nicholls sure to have him well schooled he should go close on his UK debut over hurdles.

Hereford 1.30 - Marino Prince 3pts at 7/4

Made a pleasing return over hurdles when finishing second last time out, should come on for that run, still a maiden over hurdles but I think Jim Best will get the best out of this one. ;)

Market Rasen 1.40 - Smuglin 2pts at 2/1

A horse I followed last season and she did very well over hurdles, was decent for Paul Nicholls but has been brilliant for Donald McCain Jnr, looking forward to seeing her on her chasing debut, Hollo Ladies is the danger if he gets round.

Wincanton 2.50 - Rebel Melody 2pts at 5/2

Ran a nice race on his return last time only to be collared close home, has won over this course and distance before and won on this ground so that wont be a problem. Peter Toole takes 3 pounds off.

Thurles 1.15 - Imperial Storm 1pt at 7/1

Has yet too win but ran really well last time when being well backed, stable is great form and I think 7/1 is too big a price for this one.

Hereford 1.00 - Rock of Deauville 2pts at 5/2

Risky one here, but I think the favourite is too short and I'm willing to take him on with the Nicholls french import, the fav may very well romp it but I think it's worth taking him on. This horse won 2/3 on the flat in France on ground like today and with Nicholls sure to have him well schooled he should go close on his UK debut over hurdles.

3rd, was well backed and ran well for a long way but weakened in the straight.
    Hereford 1.30 - Marino Prince 3pts at 7/4

Made a pleasing return over hurdles when finishing second last time out, should come on for that run, still a maiden over hurdles but I think Jim Best will get the best out of this one. ;)

1st, won very easy.

Market Rasen 1.40 - Smuglin 2pts at 2/1

A horse I followed last season and she did very well over hurdles, was decent for Paul Nicholls but has been brilliant for Donald McCain Jnr, looking forward to seeing her on her chasing debut, Hollo Ladies is the danger if he gets round.

1st, lovely debut over fences wins at 85/40
    Wincanton 2.50 - Rebel Melody 2pts at 5/2

Ran a nice race on his return last time only to be collared close home, has won over this course and distance before and won on this ground so that wont be a problem. Peter Toole takes 3 pounds off.

1st, won in a very eventful race.
    Thurles 1.15 - Imperial Storm 1pt at 7/1

Has yet too win but ran really well last time when being well backed, stable is great form and I think 7/1 is too big a price for this one.

pulled up, disappointing run.

very happy with today with 3 winners out of 5 selections.

• Advertisement

10 pts staked today and 21.5pts returned, very happy with that.

Bank 81.5pts

Advertisement