Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johners Horse/Football bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bad day today 8 pts staked with only 2.80 returned.

All Mullins horses for me tomorrow. Will be having more bets when I'm at fairyhouse but for now,

4pts on Mikael D'aghunet @ 11/8
    3pts Zaidpour @ evens
    2pts on Hurricane Fly @ 3/1
    1pt on the treble.

Zaidpour and Hurricane Fly were very impressive, as was Mikael D'aghunet until slipping after the final fence.

+4pts for the day.

Southwell 2.50 - docofthebay 1pt e/w @ 8/1

**** **** ****. Just couldn't get past. 2nd. I can forgive him as he is my biggest priced winner ever at 33/1

• Advertisement

Haven't updated this in a while. With docofthebays place the bank is currently at 100.32pts. On a break though will be back soon enough. :)

One bet for today is,

Doncaster 2.15 - On Borrowed Wings

3pts @ 3/1

Been following this one since its bumper days as a family friend used to own it when it was running here in Ireland and it has given me some great days(20/1 bumper win and around 10s on maiden hurdle win before it was backed into 5s iirc) this isn't the only reason I'm backing it though, it stands an great chance today running in a class 3 novices chase. He won his first run over fences two starts ago quite nicely and followed that up with a second in a grade 2, this is a good little race today with some good performers but I think On Borrowed Wings has enough to get the job done.

Johner wrote: »
    One bet for today is,

Doncaster 2.15 - On Borrowed Wings

3pts @ 3/1

Been following this one since its bumper days as a family friend used to own it when it was running here in Ireland and it has given me some great days(20/1 bumper win and around 10s on maiden hurdle win before it was backed into 5s iirc) this isn't the only reason I'm backing it though, it stands an great chance today running in a class 3 novices chase. He won his first run over fences two starts ago quite nicely and followed that up with a second in a grade 2, this is a good little race today with some good performers but I think On Borrowed Wings has enough to get the job done.

Just watched a replay, his jumping let him down and he never picked up.

Will have a few selections for today.

Thurles 2.25 - Bishopsfurze

4pts @ 11/10

Good bumper form including a 7th in the champion bumper. Bolted up in his maiden hurdle in December, was very disappointing in a grade 2 last time but was very badly hampered 4 out and didn't really jump well that day. He's the best horse in the race and I definitely think he's worth another chance here.

Catterick 2.50 Imperial Breeze

1pt e/w @ 20/1

Has been fairly poor so far over hurdles, but in the softer ground last time was a more encouraging run in November, switched to handicaps now and worth a small e/w in what looks a very open race.

• Advertisement

Catterick 3.50 - Little Hercules

3pts @ 7/4

Howard Johnson had a bumper winner the other day and he could have another one today. Little Hercules carries a penalty for his debut win which looks to be solid enough form and I think he can go in again here.

Last one could be anything,

Hereford 2.10 - Minella Stars

3pts @ 9/4

Dual point winner having his first run today, he's in good hands with champion trainer Paul Nicholls. Taking the chance on it today, could go horribly wrong.

Last one could be anything,

Hereford 2.10 - Minella Stars

3pts @ 9/4

Dual point winner having his first run today, he's in good hands with champion trainer Paul Nicholls. Taking the chance on it today, could go horribly wrong.

Backed into 10/11 before the off and wins in testing conditions.

Thurles 2.25 - Bishopsfurze

4pts @ 11/10

Good bumper form including a 7th in the champion bumper. Bolted up in his maiden hurdle in December, was very disappointing in a grade 2 last time but was very badly hampered 4 out and didn't really jump well that day. He's the best horse in the race and I definitely think he's worth another chance here.

Wins easily.

Catterick 2.50 Imperial Breeze

1pt e/w @ 20/1

Has been fairly poor so far over hurdles, but in the softer ground last time was a more encouraging run in November, switched to handicaps now and worth a small e/w in what looks a very open race.

Travelled very powerfully but found nothing in the end and finshed outside the 4 placings in 6th.

Catterick 3.50 - Little Hercules

3pts @ 7/4

Howard Johnson had a bumper winner the other day and he could have another one today. Little Hercules carries a penalty for his debut win which looks to be solid enough form and I think he can go in again here.

The money for Broadbackbob was telling, won well with Little Hercules in second.

two winners today though so can't complain.

+6.15pts today,

Bank : 103.47pts

Musselburgh 12.50 - Aikman

3pts @ 5/2

Has won three times in point to points but also won its bumper by 8 lengths and had a vey smart performer behind it in Priceless Art. Priceless Art has won all 3 starts since being 8 lengths behind Aikman. It's obviously a risk backing first time out over hurdles but I think Aikman will be very hard to beat today.

That's my only selection for today.

Some money for King Fingal here.

• Advertisement

And that was risk I was taking backing first time over hurdles, Aikman falls 2 out and King Fingal wins. :o

10pts on Kauto Star, just can't see anything getting near him.

**** it anyway :(

Back onto this account after a small break after the Kauto loss.

Bank - 90.47pts

Few bets today, heres a previous selection of mine,

Musselburgh 3.35 - Little Hercules

3pts @ 7/4

Looks a weak enough race and Little Hercules has solid bumper form, if taking to hurdles first time out he should be very hard to beat. Won a bumper on good to soft and the ground is soft today so should have no problems with it.

Kempton 3.45 & 4.55 - Puchestowns/Cheltenian

3pts on the double @ 3.4/1 (4/5 & 10/11)

Punchestowns has been disappointing this term beaten twice in races he was fancied to win. He is the best horse in the race and I think will win today and get back on form.

Cheltenian is an interesting runner here, as low as 12/1 in some places for the Champion bumper at Cheltenham in March, he was sold for £210,000 after a very good run at Punchestown last year. Should be winning this easily if they have ambitions to win at Cheltenham.

Little Hercules drifts like a barge out to 11/4 and wins :) , Master Beau was backed into odds on.

Punchestowns brings in the first part of the double, I didn't see it but going by the commentary it was a case of Pasco stopping to nothing. Will watch it when it's up but I think I'll be opposing Punchestowns from now on.

Cheltenian wins to bring in the double. Good day today.

+21.56 for the day.

Bank: 106.03pts

Couple for tomorrow reasoning later!

Walkon 1pt e/w 7/1
    Mikael D'aghunet 4pts at 11/10

Newbury was rightly cancelled and Mikael was badly hampered 2 out and finished 3rd.

Can't see anything over the jumps today that I fancy having a bet on so here's two for the all weather.

Wolverhampton 2.10 - Steel City Boy

1pt e/w @ 4/1

C&D winner who ran well to finish second last week at Kempton behind Bluebok who he re-opposes here on better terms. Good chance here.

Wolverhampton 2.40 - Frequency

4pts @ 11/8

Won well in a claimer and a seller last month is quick succession, should take all the beating here and i think the price will continue to shorten up all day. Restless Bay looks a danger dropping back into this company for the first time.

• Advertisement

Steel City Boy only managed 3rd at 11/2, returns 2.10pts

Advertisement