Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best local paper

Options
  • 26-10-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Whats the best paper to buy to get local news for the Shercock/Bailieborough/Carrickmacross area?

Got the 'Carrick Democrat' the other day but its more of a Dundalk paper than local.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

im only in cavan about a week but someone said to me the anglo celt http://www.anglocelt.ie

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Yep the Celt would be the one I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Cheers for that, off to get myself the 'celt'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

The Kerryman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

The Kerryman.. for Cavan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

mollzer wrote: »
    Whats the best paper to buy to get local news for the Shercock/Bailieborough/Carrickmacross area?

Got the 'Carrick Democrat' the other day but its more of a Dundalk paper than local.

Being from County Cavan you would expect me to say The Anglo Celt, but in all honesty I would say The Northern Standard, as it is a far superior newspaper even for Cavan, and less ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

The Kerryman?

Is that a way of telling me that none of the local papers are worth buying ? lol

Thanks muincav for your reply, but its more for the ads and local activities I want the local for.

But I will keep the Northern S in mind for the news/gossip!

Advertisement