Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fm 104

• 26-10-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

FM 104 are talking about kids watching MMA. As usual people are on saying its barbaric and its pure violence. listened to about 5 mins then knocked it off .
    Why do people who have no idea about the sport feel the need to comment on it in a negative way with out trying it at least once?
    One of the comments said was that the gloves are for protection of the hands apart from that its just bare knuckle.
    do they not offer abit of protection for cuts to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

TBH, if this was a debate without FM104 phoneshow involved I would actually be arsed writing something decent. But a load of people who ring in to that phoneshow are just brainless gobshítes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Listening to it too, it's just Jerry Springer for Radio.

They did a UFC show a few months back, there is no point in even trying to get your point across to that prick Kennedy, he has his mind made up that it's barbaric and there's no changing it.

Kennedy makes his mind up way too quickly anyway. The facts are on the internet and they are very easy to find. Do the research and then decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

The Adrian Kennedy Phone Show is Joe Duffy for skangers.

Don't take it seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I'll wage war on this man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

What a Bunch of Ejits.
    Im only 15 and Train MMA And Stay up To watch Each Event.
    My mam and dad have no problem with me Doing what i love.
    Mother doesnt agree with me being punched in the face though haha.

They have Never Trained MMA So have no idea How Much discipline and Commitment Goes into Training and Preperation For Fights Etc.

I started watching UFC at the age 15 when I got into Martial Arts. Parents didn't have a problem with it because it was a sport I was participating in. Its like me playing Gaelic and watching Gaelic, you want to see your hero's / idle's play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

scudzilla wrote: »
    Listening to it too, it's just Jerry Springer for Radio.

They did a UFC show a few months back, there is no point in even trying to get your point across to that prick Kennedy, he has his mind made up that it's barbaric and there's no changing it.

That's not even his real opinion, all he does is sit there and adopt the opinion of the majority of his callers, so that they will keep calling and listeners will keep listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

If kids, ie. below teenage age are watching mma, in this country, which is very limited in its coverage, they're either staying up til 3am to watch it live, or are watching fights online un-supervised. Either way that falls down to parenting. But that's a harder pill to swallow than: "OMG MMA IS BARBARIC LETS GO ON AN ILL-INFORMED RANT":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The Adrian Kennedy Phone Show is Joe Duffy for skangers.

Don't take it seriously!

Some of the fakest banter you'll ever here. If Kennedy's callers don't like MMA than that can only be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I'm a big mma fan but that doesnt mean I'd let my young kids watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

judas101 wrote: »
    I'm a big mma fan but that doesnt mean I'd let my young kids watch it.

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I reckon 11 or 12 would be the right age for starting to watch it.

Then they could begin to appreciate the skill and techniques and not just mimick the violent aspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

judas101 wrote: »
    I reckon 11 or 12 would be the right age for starting to watch it.

Then they could begin to appreciate the skill and techniques and not just mimick the violent aspects.

My bad, I thought you meant you wouldn't let them watch until around 15/16..

Advertisement