Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I Love About Winter

• 26-10-2010 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

* Walking on a cold clear morning where the frost glistens on the grass and trees.

* Warming up by the fire in the dark and watching the flickering patterns on the wall.

* Hot bath, jammies, cocoa, and a good movie.

* The dark evenings, just for that moment when you get back to your nice warm humble abode.

* Making homemade soup and bread to have after a long walk on a freezing day.

* I LOVE Christmas.

* Long lie-ins on Saturday mornings, reading and listening to the radio.

* Winter clothes are the best. Hats, gloves, scarves and boots, I love them all.

* People are just nicer to each other in December.

* Lying in bed listening to the wind and rain outside, all snug and cosy.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

All of the above.
    And of course SNOW! :D

I hate being cold but for some reason the second it starts snowing I don't feel cold anymore. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

All of the above.
    And of course SNOW! :D

I hate being cold but for some reason the second it starts snowing I don't feel cold anymore. :pac:

/Slaps head!

How could I forget snow?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

awh all them things made me smile. I love winter for them reasons too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

all the abovealong with sitting in the sun room on a stormy day and watching the trees and shrubs swaying in the gales, seeing the dark clouds, lightning, and hearing the tunder, having roast dinners with roast veg, walking my dogs as there is less traffic and more freedom for the little fellows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

I love winter for all of the above plus
    • It kills of all those annoying little flies
    • I don't have to cut the grass till next year
    • Christmas,Christmas,Christmas
    • Stormy sea's
    • The colour's e.g. leaves
    • My birthday
    • New Years parties

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Giselle wrote: »
    * Walking on a cold clear morning where the frost glistens on the grass and trees.

* Warming up by the fire in the dark and watching the flickering patterns on the wall.

* Hot bath, jammies, cocoa, and a good movie.

* The dark evenings, just for that moment when you get back to your nice warm humble abode.

* Making homemade soup and bread to have after a long walk on a freezing day.

* I LOVE Christmas.

* Long lie-ins on Saturday mornings, reading and listening to the radio.

* Winter clothes are the best. Hats, gloves, scarves and boots, I love them all.

* People are just nicer to each other in December.

* Lying in bed listening to the wind and rain outside, all snug and cosy.

:)

All these reasons and.... :D

* Snow

* Christmas shopping

* Wearing my warm Docs around

* Evenings in watching movies

* Going for walks and watching the stars peek through the sky earlier

* The sky going a deep blue and purplish before dark

* Christmas dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love being in bed and hearing the wind outside, ooh, and rain on the window.

I also love the smell of air on a really cold morning - all crisp and fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Cosy warm fire! Only nice thing about winter other than warm slippers and warm clothes and hot water bottle at the ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I like leaving a big handful of seed in the backyard for the robins (or any other hungry bird that wants something to eat). :) I should probably buy a bird feeder really.

8F7F4721EC2544E699E48494F9D41DA7-0000334392-0002006901-00800L-1483D180944247DE95E514C44D042726.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i love winter for fashion. All my boots, scarfs, hats, dresses, coats etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

I love winter.

The excuse of "I can't come out, I'm all cosy by the fire" is universally accepted.

That moment when you pull back the curtain to see snow. Everything is blinding white and calm.

Hot Ribena is the best drink ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Getting the use what I consider to be the most civilised piece of technology we have yet created - the electric blanket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Going to be digging out my thick woolly jumpers in the morning and matching it up with my leggings and boots :D Winter fashion rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DiamondEyez

i love being inside when its all cold and rainy outside!!:D and i love the cinnamon smell on all the x-mas decorations!!lol :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

love snow! and love christmas lights and trees...
    candles... a crackling fire.....
    love ice hockey and kids christmas shows :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I love wearing gloves!!

I love lighting candles in the house in Winter!

I love being cold, I just love Winter!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I love the leaves falling off the trees, I love the cold mornings and the frost and I love snuggling up at night and watching a nice movie and having a lovely dins when it's freezing out and then cuddling in bed to keep warm after, bliss:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I know it's been said a hundred times but..
    CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS!! The dark evenings when the Christmas lights have been turned on, the bright twinkling of them. They just make the place look like magic.
    Walking home from work and thinking 'ooh, another Christmas tree up, that wasn't there yesterday.' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

I love winter!! It's cold outside while i'm nice and warm inside! and Roses!! There is always a big Tin of Roses in my house and i eat them all!!! Om nom nom!!

XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Xmas shopping.
    Xmas lights in shops or on the street.
    Xmas excitment.
    Cosy nights in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i hate the wind. My house is south facing. I hate the rain for the same reason. It keeps me awake at night.. However

I love fires.

I love all the lights on and sometimes mood lights.

I love all the red clothes, my other half looks fab in red.

I love christmas,christmas dinner and christmas television

No matter how bad a year it is I always make a point of enjoying christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Less traffic and less people in places. Not feeling obliged to go outside when the weather is good. Less kids hanging around and shouting outside. Things are cheaper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Xmas shopping
    Xmas lights
    Nights in front of the fire while it's freezing outside :)
    Xmas Day
    And I <3 SNOW :D

I love just reading this thread !!!! makes me smile to remember all the good things about winter, can be hard when its dark all the time to stay in a good mood.

I love the summer but I don’t mind the winter either. For some strange reason I have always thought that girls looked really cute in scarf’s and winter hats for some reason, weird I know.

I love the summer but I don’t mind the winter either. For some strange reason I have always thought that girls looked really cute in scarf’s and winter hats for some reason, weird I know.

Its not weird its a compliment and on behalf on woman-kind. thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Love taking the dogs for a walk through the snow, they are fascinated by it.

And I love this song:

Hate frozen/burst pipes I had last year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

I love complaining about how cold it is,
    until the summer arrives when I can start complaining about how hot it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Snow and wrapping up warm:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I love it when the air gets crisper. It feels nice and fresh and I imagine it is cleaning my lungs out. Especially when exhaling the condensation. I also like walking on the frosty crunchy grass with my boots and thick socks on, and the eerieness of the bare trees and low hanging sun in the mornings, when it hits the frost and makes everything sparkle.

Advertisement