Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxing music

Options
  • 27-10-2010 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I am trying to expand the band I listen to for just relaxing. I usually listen to Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky or Cinematic Orchestra or Soundtracks. I would love some new bands to listen for just relaxing to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

You didn't mention it in the list there, but there's a band called Amiina who played backup to Sigur Ros on tour. They've released two albums of their own now. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Criticdublin

holy **** are great. . . this will destroy you are also great

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Go to Music Map and enter in the name of a band and it will return a load of similar bands.

Moved to Music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

i find zero 7 , air and massive attack all relaxing but i would also like some more names

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Brian Eno ambient collection should keep you going for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Nasri2010

Malice_ wrote: »
    Go to Music Map and enter in the name of a band and it will return a load of similar bands.
    Thats a pretty cool site. Thanks for the suggestions, I check some of these out. Any more please let me know

Nasri2010 wrote: »
    Thats a pretty cool site. Thanks for the suggestions, I check some of these out.
    It's my default response any time I come across a thread looking for music suggestions :).

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92

:cool: Check this album out, superb music, and very relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Boards of Canada maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Ulrich Schnauss. Try 'Clear Day', if you like it, you'll like him. Thoroughly good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Emancipator, Eluvium, A Silver Mt Zion, Tycho, Brian Eno, Ben Jordan, Ludovico Einaudi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There are a few Pure Moods CDs available.

Also, Steven Kindler, Kitaro, Michael Hedges, Tim Janis.

Advertisement