Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 2x05 "Cloverdale"

Options
  • 27-10-2010 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭

What did you think of Cloverdale 48 votes

Woot, Aliens
    0% 0 votes
    Trippy-good
    2% 1 vote
    Insane in the meh-brane
    25% 12 votes
    Uh, wtf?
    20% 10 votes
    "Like it never happened..."
    52% 25 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What time does this air at?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I usually post this in the process of airing. It's been on for 45 minutes. Kills commercial time :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    I usually post this in the process of airing. It's been on for 45 minutes. Kills commercial time :)

May as well stay up for it so.

May as well stay up for it so.
    ? precisely how long does it take for the eh radio broadcast to reach ireland? Isn't it like 3 in the morning? g2bed

? precisely how long does it take for the eh radio broadcast to reach ireland? Isn't it like 3 in the morning? g2bed

Yeah it's close to 3 now. It all depends on how lazy the uploaders are. Not usually very long after air time though from past experience.

• Advertisement

The *broadcasters.

Im somewhere between a 4 and a 5. I'm not telling you to stay up till 5 in the morning for it though.

Im somewhere between a 4 and a 5. I'm not telling you to stay up till 5 in the morning for it though.

Without spoiling anything, what's the pacing like? Is it similar to the last couple of episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

not up yet. can someone pm me where you get it? ive been up till 6 every week looking for it! and quality is usually muck anyway!

Without spoiling anything, what's the pacing like? Is it similar to the last couple of episodes?
    With commercials I'd be a poor judge. It's starts out slow and awkward but builds up momentum. Fair amount of SG-1 element in it, with the way the episode's plot develops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Agh, I hate these fever dream/alternate reality-dream ones :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

That episode was the definition of "filler"....dreadful stuff, only good thing was Grier channeling yer man from Aliens. So Chloe has super blood and saves her man, though in his dream when he was giving the vows...Chloe turned and her face was what?...half alien?, hmmm....hint of things to come?

Very weak episode, i expect a ratings disaster in the offing, under 900,000. It furthered nothing, added nothing, the best part was the cinema....i'd rather watch the movie they were playing then this turd!

Call me a hater but that ep. was just crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Found myself constantly cheecking the time index to see was it nearly over :( What goes through the mind of the writers?? The general consensus is that these earth based scenes (even if they are hallucination based) suck. Can the stuido not see this??

Quite liked the big bad coral tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Meh...
    Boring filler. The aliens reminded me of the chigs from starship troopers!
    Not in how they looked, but the way they had the gate defended vs loads of hostiles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Christ that was awful. Watched about the first 15mins then skipped to the end, doubt I missed anything worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

I managed 20 minutes and turned it off. Worst. Episode. Ever!

I would have skipped the first 15 minutes myself, but being live television..

I still think it was alright. It was very SG1, but I know thats not for everyone. Universe isn't suppose to be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Load of rubbish that one. Total break from the usual quality provided. Don't know how they let themselves go so wrong on this one. Heopfully its only a blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I used to think Chloe was hot. Not anymore. :(

Total filler episode. Boring as hell.

Awful, awful episode. Complete filler episode which is fine if something interesting happens, it's funny or has some really good action scenes but this had none of that. The bit with the flamethrowers was kinda cool for about a second. Seriously whose idea was the wedding. Weddings are boring as hell and stupid hallucinations are boring as well. Boring and boring doesn't equal awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

could they be setting the stage for chloe to be written out?

whatever alien nonsense was going to happen to her will now likely happen to wotshisface as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

What on earth are they trying to do? Have SGU cancelled mid season? That was a pretty terrible episode. The whole story felt like it was ripped from Star trek or SG1. I didn't mind the creatures so much but they were totally under used.

I need some hardcore ancient revelations and prehaps Chloe turning into one of the blue aliens and serving a purpose... QUICK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

That was awful. Kept it on in the background, but had better things to do.

C'mon guys, ye can do better!

LoGiE wrote: »
    I need some hardcore ancient revelations and prehaps Chloe turning into one of the blue aliens and serving a purpose... QUICK.
    I just got a strong Barry the Baptist vibe off that post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

Loved it! Great insight into how Scott sees the rest of the crew.
    Concept has been used on other shows before, but i felt it worked quite well here!

If they don't start writing some actually entertaining scenes involving Chloe, i'd reckon she won't see season 3...(here's hoping!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The Day of the Triffids was a crap TV mini-series. Day of the Triffids: Universe, was not an improvement on that, especially with the crappy hallucinations. I don't think there was any insight that we didn't already know. Young is a father figure, Brophy is a bar man (he did make a still), Chloe is the girlfriend, Eli is like her brother, and Grier is probably Scott's best friend. Nothing at all new here, it was just laid out in plain view.

Worst episode since the one where they all died and then suddenly weren't dead, and then the episode just ended without actually ending it. Actually, it was worse than that one.

Next week simply has to get better, that's the only positive out of this. Caprica was actually better than SGU this week. That's not a good thing.

Being positive about the ep. for a second....we did see some GLORIOUS clevage shots from Lt. Boobs....jesus wept, THEY ARE HUGE!!!!!!!

jor el wrote: »
    The Day of the Triffids was a crap TV mini-series. Day of the Triffids: Universe, was not an improvement on that, especially with the crappy hallucinations. I don't think there was any insight that we didn't already know. Young is a father figure, Brophy is a bar man (he did make a still), Chloe is the girlfriend, Eli is like her brother, and Grier is probably Scott's best friend. Nothing at all new here, it was just laid out in plain view.

Worst episode since the one where they all died and then suddenly weren't dead, and then the episode just ended without actually ending it. Actually, it was worse than that one.

Next week simply has to get better, that's the only positive out of this. Caprica was actually better than SGU this week. That's not a good thing.

I think if anything, we learned or already knew Scott has commitment issues and his dream eludes to that, it may hint that him and Chloe may break up at some point....he'll start banging hot redhead LA babe!

In other OT and related news, Caprica cancelled: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/27/breaking-syfy-cancels-caprica/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

As soon as this episode started I knew I was going to hate it, hallucination/dream/flashback episodes are just muck. I also just don't get the point of the whole wedding story, was obviously just pulled out of someone's ass to fill an episode. After the first 15 mins I just wanted to turn it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I think if anything, we learned or already knew Scott has commitment issues and his dream eludes to that, it may hint that him and Chloe may break up at some point....he'll start banging hot redhead LA babe!

Well thats Eli's territory now, I can promise you next ep they will start having sparks. The whole "leave me I am staying here with Scott" thing was so blatantly a metaphor it was a joke, as for being punctuated by him walking through the gate pausing and looking back to say "goodbye" lmao. Terrible writing. Even worse character development tbh , we all gathered that Eli had wised up that she is out of his league a long time ago in season 1 and this whole dynamic wedged in this EP was not needed. They clearly added it because next week when the red head LA chick and Eli start having moments the dullards out there wont kick back and wonder "but but but I thought he liked Chloe!".

The worst part of it though is their excuse to have a chloe / Eli sub plot here was so they could pursue love interests unimpeded ..... but at the end of the day I couldnt care less if Eli is found swinging from the gate itself! He's an overweight uninteresting and very unfunny character who was a simple "average" joe relatable figure for the first season and should do the decent thing now and off himself. Chloe at least is going somewhere with the whole transformation thing. (all be it here actual scenes individually are as dull as dishwater)

Yet another boring SGU episode. So that means 3 boring ones now in a row, by the usual formula ether the next ep or at the latest the following one will actually get us a nice meaty scene with character development and more insight into the sci fi here. My money is on the next ep being the one to watch.
    From what I hear there is a great scene with Rush and Young where Young finally findsout about the bridge but keeps it between the two of them

Predictable writing / pacing on behalf of the team.

Advertisement