Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 2x05 "Cloverdale"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

That was the worst episode I've seen so far of Stargate Universe... Seriously boring, not one part was even remotely good... well except for lt.boobs.. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

Being positive about the ep. for a second....we did see some GLORIOUS clevage shots from Lt. Boobs....jesus wept, THEY ARE HUGE!!!!!!!

There was no cleavage...that's why jesus wept!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

On another note, Caprica was cancelled still havent seen this Ep yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Someone should make an edit of the episode so it's just all the planet scene's. Something like a Jar Jar-less Starwars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

That was the worst episode I've seen so far of Stargate Universe... Seriously boring, not one part was even remotely good... well except for lt.boobs.. :p

To be fair there are plenty of worse episodes out there, theres that ep of SG1 with the giant dancing plant penis's for starters.

I didnt think the ep was that awful, fair enough its probably 1 of the weakest in the seris to date, but its not even close to the ****e eps that have been pumped out over the whole franchise lol.

Also next weeks looks to be a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

The good news is from watching the preview of the next episode it seems the writers are back on message.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

On another note, Caprica was cancelled still havent seen this Ep yet :(
    I remember a commercial a month ago for the season 1 dvd set, the voiceover was like "Caprica! Superior to Battlestar Galactica in every way!" And thats when you could kind of tell the show was having trouble standing on its own feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Peace wrote: »
    The good news is from watching the preview of the next episode it seems the writers are back on message.

Not too sure it looks to great, the trailer for it is fairly poor to be honest.

The episode after that has more potenial to push the overall ancient/destiny story forward a bit I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

haha, im the only who gave it top ratings,

i dunno why but i was in a fairly happy mood today and when i watched this episode i really liked it, classic stargate, people asked for sci-fi and aliens, they were given it and surprise surprise, they werent happy, what a bunch of moaners:rolleyes:,

the plants were robbed right out of starcraft 2, the zerg spine crawlers, able to move over surfaces and snap out to attack their targets,

i liked the sub plot of the fact scott knows deep down hes only with chole cause there aint many options on destiny, im kinda interested to see if scott will start blacking out, and turn with chloe, the two caracters havent really worked out so maybe both are being lined up for an exit, and maybe become recurring caracters chasing destiny with the blue aliens,

i think the show will work just as good if not better without the angst, i will say most people are right about the eli liking chloe thing, but please leave that to the 90210 generation, and the 90210 show,

if stargate wants to go dark, kill chloe and scott and probably eli if he doesnt actually start doing what he was hired to do, and help decode destiny,

im liking universe, and dont mind the angst that much, just think the show will probably work better without it, but with caprica getting the bullet youd worry for stargate, maybe theyll ship it back to friday night with sanctuary, after mid-season id say if they do,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Not too sure it looks to great, the trailer for it is fairly poor to be honest.

Are you serious? It looks unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

don ramo wrote: »
    i dunno why but i was in a fairly happy mood today and when i watched this episode i really liked it, classic stargate, people asked for sci-fi and aliens, they were given it and surprise surprise, they werent happy, what a bunch of moaners:rolleyes:,

If I ask for a cup of tea and some one dips their balls in it, I wouldn't be happy about it (I imagine the person doing the dipping wouldn't be too happy either, as I imagine it would hurt). So yeah they gave us aliens and sci-fi but it was still boring and crap filler. Why wouldn't people complain?

I dont agree that just because it's a filler that that makes it bad. Time, one of the most acclaimed SGU episodes was a filler too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anita Blow wrote: »
    I dont agree that just because it's a filler that that makes it bad. Time, one of the most acclaimed SGU episodes was a filler too

Completely agree but this one was awful.

I can see why some wouldnt but I really like it :)Very like Time and it's a decent perspective on how Scott see's his peers (Young as Father figure, Chloe as girl he feels he's meant to be with) and then Eli being friendzoned.
    Really loved the end how it was all set to the wedding piano piece and the last scene with them two standing in the gateroom.
    Also nice little subtlety to all the stargate references in Rush's office in the hallucinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

That was the worst episode of anything Stargate related I've ever watched. What on earth were they thinking?

Next week looks good though, if it isn't, I'm giving up.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    That was the worst episode of anything Stargate related I've ever watched. What on earth were they thinking?

Next week looks good though, if it isn't, I'm giving up.
    That is a bold statement. There have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Are you serious? It looks unreal!

I didnt see that trailer, that one looks good.

This is the one I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Overheal wrote: »
    None that I recall, though that's not to say I haven't purged them from memory.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    None that I recall, though that's not to say I haven't purged them from memory.
    Vegas

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Anyone else wondering about the transfusion? She can give scott her alien goodies through a simple blood transfusion, but not from all their games of hide the sausage? Presumably the ship isn't packed out with contraception, so he may be riding bareback.

On that note, you'd think there'd be a few more sprogs on the way by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

Vegas

whoa now!... surely your not impying tha vegas is a bad episode? By vegas I assume your referring the stargate atlantis episode?, that episode is awesome!... sure it has nothing to do with anything but its still class!,

Its getting off topic for this thread, but worst episode of anything stargate related has to be Urgo

No it wasn't. Crystal Skull ftl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

No it wasn't. Crystal Skull ftl

I strangely enjoy those early SG1 episodes. I enjoyed every aspect of this episode on the alien planet but cared little for the Earth dream stuff. One is sci-fi and the other bit is cheap American soap-opera stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

daveyid89 wrote: »
    whoa now!... surely your not impying tha vegas is a bad episode? By vegas I assume your referring the stargate atlantis episode?, that episode is awesome!... sure it has nothing to do with anything but its still class!,

Its getting off topic for this thread, but worst episode of anything stargate related has to be Urgo

Nah Urgo was good craic! :) Vegas was great too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

only got round to watching this this evening. been mad busy with assignments.

overall i thought it was a good episode. i kinda liked the fact that they just jumped into the story. left me in the dark and i was wondering wtf was going on. they should do that more often.
    yes it is a filler episode, but it advances the chloe storyline. they've finally realised that she's not cured of her alienness (about time they copped on :rolleyes:).
    matt's hallucinations didn't do much for me though. kinda boring but got a bit of a land at the end with chloe's face changing. was chloe's blood going into him at that time, and his subconscious picked up on the fact that she's not completely human anymore...?
    dunno why people are saying it was a bad episode, though it was a bit of a mistake to show two completely filler episodes right after each other. it was kinda SG1 like as Overheal said, but SGU is meant to be darker than this episode was. they need to darken it a lot imo.

and richard where were Lt Boobs' boobs? other episodes had actual shots of them. didn't see them at all here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Such as the two episodes with that annoying idiot Lucius.

Who ever thought bringing him back for a second episode was a good idea should be shot.

Also, that one with the little girl, Harmony, was also terrible.

I must be in the minority here but I kinda though Cloverdale was decent enough, roughly a 3.5-4 rating episode....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I just watched the whole series up till cloverdale in one weekend sitting.

And forwarded all the NON spaceship scenes . I love the show, but this one was boring . Who wants to see a SIFI based on Earth about a love story.

Sure if i wanted that, I would watch sex in the city . Boke.

If you missed it. dont panic .

looking forward to next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

all that nonsense with weddings and stuff pissed me off no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

****ing ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thought it was ok for the most part. Quite reminiscent of an early SG-1 episode.

Advertisement