Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 2x05 "Cloverdale"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Anyone happen to catch a good look at Matt's rank insignia once the got off the bus? Greer is still a Master Sargeant (I think). But Scott doesn't have his silver bar as far as i could tell, unless its some kinda purplish cloth kinda thing for tactical reasons (subdued markings i think they're called), as in not giving the snipers a good target.

sound

Not the worst ep ever; not the best either like, room for definite improvement. Think Scott's safe; the ship needs an XO, kill his lil lady off though, then he'll be wracked with guilt and we can take intelligent bets on how long it takes him to knock of 2nd Lt. Vanessa "Booby" James. Incidentally casting ur minds back to those early days of Universe, was not impressed with her whining about not wanting "...to die out here."

Air Force Special Forces???

Think I'll wait for the SEALs or Delta lady....:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

constantg wrote: »
    Anyone happen to catch a good look at Matt's rank insignia once the got off the bus? Greer is still a Master Sargeant (I think). But Scott doesn't have his silver bar as far as i could tell, unless its some kinda purplish cloth kinda thing for tactical reasons (subdued markings i think they're called), as in not giving the snipers a good target.

sound

Not the worst ep ever; not the best either like, room for definite improvement. Think Scott's safe; the ship needs an XO, kill his lil lady off though, then he'll be wracked with guilt and we can take intelligent bets on how long it takes him to knock of 2nd Lt. Vanessa "Booby" James. Incidentally casting ur minds back to those early days of Universe, was not impressed with her whining about not wanting "...to die out here."

Air Force Special Forces???

Think I'll wait for the SEALs or Delta lady....:(

Hiding your rank is generally only reserved for high ranking officers, Lts are 10 a penny. Ill try and remember to check later but he could have been a 2nd LT so would have had a gold bar which is harder to see.

In fairness, most soldiers dont want to die in some foreign land SF or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Largely dishwater dull.

I get what people are saying about how Lt. Scott sees the crew, but who cares enough to make it a whole episode.

I liked what was on screen during the cinema scene though. I'm trying to decide if it was intended as a piss take of the usual Syfy original stuff, or more a "this is all you can expect from cash-strapped MGM in future".

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I liked what was on screen during the cinema scene though. I'm trying to decide if it was intended as a piss take of the usual Syfy original stuff, or more a "this is all you can expect from cash-strapped MGM in future".
    ?

I thought it was a flashback of Scott's: showing how his arm got infected in the first place.

Maybe that was too subtle from them using stunt doubles to play out the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,693 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Overheal wrote: »
    ?

I thought it was a flashback of Scott's: showing how his arm got infected in the first place.

Maybe that was too subtle from them using stunt doubles to play out the scene.

It was a flashback cause it later shows the spot where the blood landed on chloe and it matches the scene in the cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    It was a flashback cause it later shows the spot where the blood landed on chloe and it matches the scene in the cinema.
    Oh no it was definately that, but the cheesy style of it was right out of a B-movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh no it was definately that, but the cheesy style of it was right out of a B-movie.
    I definitely found that intentional. Probably cooked up by SyFy's original movie department. Horrible, horrible original movies they have become too. They used to produce the odd quality thing but now 90% of what they churn out is B-movie horror tripe, like Sharktopus. I am not making that up.

http://www.syfy.com/movies/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

oh god, that definitely deserves this:
    http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Sharktopus...? WTF?? what else do SyFy do for the rest of their programming? i mean, there's Haven, sanctuary, eureka, etc, but that can only fill in so much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,693 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I wonder how you go about applying for syfy funding for a film?

I mean they are so awful, but even with the low budgets some of their films get I could do a better sci fi film.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just watched it there and it was... okay. I agree with the sentiment that it was like an early SG-1 episode and the idea of infecting a crew member has been done before. I don't agree it was the worst episode at all - what about SG1's "Emancipation" or the Season 6 crap-tacular "Nightwalkers"?
    The dream sequences themselves were overlong and dull, yes. The flame thrower sequences were more fun and I did like the solution was to infect him with Chloe's blood. It has promise (which I'll hopefully see tomorrow when I watch the next episode).

• Advertisement
Advertisement