Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise on phone line

Options
  • 27-10-2010 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

getting interference noise when i connect the dialler to phone line. using a HKC standard 8 zone secure watch panel. Do not have broadband and connected to master phone socket using traditional in/out method. any way of getting rid of this noise???????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

iancr wrote: »
    getting interference noise when i connect the dialler to phone line. using a HKC standard 8 zone secure watch panel. Do not have broadband and connected to master phone socket using traditional in/out method. any way of getting rid of this noise???????????

The best thing to do is joint the A/C B/D of the cable going to the dialer to eliminate a problem with the dialer or the cable going to the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

by jointing a/c b/d do you mean linking them out?????

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Disconnect ABCD from the digi and join A to C and B to D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

thanx for the help will try it out and let ye know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

iancr wrote: »
    by jointing a/c b/d do you mean linking them out?????

Correct, I am trying to determine if the fault is with the cable going to the dialer or the dialer itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement