Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

government grants

Options
  • 27-10-2010 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Any one know what kind of Grants are still their for people who wish to Install home Solar Home Heating etc.

Like to get a small Wind energy Power and place on Roof. any one know of a price and is it worth it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Cork24,

It's great to see the initiative being taken by customers when it comes to investigating sources of renewable energy. To encourage customers further in this line of thinking we have established a special tariff which incentivises the set up of solar panels, wind turbines; anything which qualifies as a micro-generator.

You might also be interested in our new HALO programme. HALO is our one-stop solution to home energy needs; the service, which encompasses attic/wall insulation to solar panel installation, is available nationwide, to all customers, irrespective of their electricity provider.

Another resource to check out would be the website of the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (www.seai.ie); they have information on the current grants available to both domestic and commercial customers here.

I hope this information helps. There is also another boards' forum you may be interested in, where users discuss environmental and sustainability issues.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

where can i get a micro-generator sound like something i could use,

I'm being told that keeping your Water Tank on all the time is Cheapter then turning it on from cold is this Right?

am i better off keeping it on all the time, so it only heats the water when the Temp drops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Cork24,

While we accommodate any micro-generator that conforms to ESB Networks' specifications, we aren't in a position to recommend one brand or installer over another. What we are trying to do is support those customers who invest in renewable energy, so that their enthusiasm in this area has a chance to reap reward (and by that we don't necessarily mean helping them towards a clearer conscience) ;).

I would advise that you pick the brains of the users in the Renewable Energies forum if you're looking for recommended retailers of solar panels, wind turbines, etc. Conversing with those of common interests is always a good place to start.

With regards to the immersion heater/water tank, experience dealing with customers' accounts has led me to the following conclusion: leaving such a power-hungry appliance on all the time invariably correlates with heavier consumption, and hence higher bills. I understand the logic behind what you're saying; if you think of your immersion, however, in terms of a giant kettle in your closet that always needs to be kept near the boil, then you may be more inclined to use that timer! :)

I hope this information helps. Give me a shout if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement