Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good courrier company to ship to UK in Dublin?

Options
  • 27-10-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

I need an alternative to An Post as they are very expensive to send parcels in the UK regularly.
    So I am looking for a good courrier company in Dublin City Center that offers insurance too.

Any recommendation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Any of the big ones,DHL,Fedex or the one who's name escapes me but is on the robin hood road. Most small courier companies would use the big ones anyway,so you would probably making a saving going direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

what's the weight of the parcel your sending?
    I found dhl to be a lot dearer than an post when i was sending a parcel to the uk, parcel was 3kg.
    Parcel2go seem to have good rates plus they collect from your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

DHL is very dear indeed. My packages weight 3.5kg
    Last time I sent something with DHL it was 45 euro (Small car radio cable). Ok it as here in 24h.
    An post takes 40 euro to ship my parcel. Which I find expensive.

parcel2go.com seems to be more reasonable, half an Post price, thanks for that link, much appreciated.

Advertisement