Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Academy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

school boy error there... :o

I'll change the link in a bit

Untitled-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i would put him fullback but thats just me, but would train defense

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'd put him on the bench until his DEF is up to 8-9. After that you could really play him anywhere in the backs (bar the centres) depending on your need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    I'd put him on the bench until his DEF is up to 8-9. After that you could really play him anywhere in the backs (bar the centres) depending on your need.

Depends on his league, the weaker teams you could play him FB & gain some ingame training. its what I do (yes occasionally bites me, but still make top 4 anyways!)

But I concur with jumping like that FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

He looks good satory!

I agree about the defense though, i wouldn't put him at FB personally.. not untill his Def went up two or three. I'd say give him a lash as Scrumhalf in our league!

• Advertisement

Cool, I have him at SH tonight to see how he fares and then I'll try him at FB probably at the weekend and start training him from Tuesday onwards....

How are you finding his so far?

Calder is coming on well. 2 more pops this week, and full lvl 4 training/coaches from this weekend onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

So posted this up on the offsite:
    Also think a compilation of data on Academies would be fantastic. Something I would be willing to put together if people wanted to PM me on the details? think we could really gain a lot of insight into academies with a bit of data.
    Suppose fields needed could be:

Name
    Scouting Stars
    Date Scouted
    Date Promoted
    Weeks in Academy
    Academy Training Level
    Promotion CSR

anybody here interested in contributing toward a database of youth pulls? Not much data required but will be a good way of figuring out the stars as well as the effect of youth training (if any).

Tempted to trawl throught the S14 UTP forum to get data but it would be easier if people sent it too me.:D:D Not to mention, I mightn't get training data and weeks in academy from there.

Needless to say, any findings will be shared with contributors!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

crisco10 wrote: »
    So posted this up on the offsite:

anybody here interested in contributing toward a database of youth pulls? Not much data required but will be a good way of figuring out the stars as well as the effect of youth training (if any).

Tempted to trawl throught the S14 UTP forum to get data but it would be easier if people sent it too me.:D:D Not to mention, I mightn't get training data and weeks in academy from there.

Needless to say, any findings will be shared with contributors!!

yep, i'll put all my YA stats on that, will be interesting to see results

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Hey guys, newb question. i just realized i have 15 YA scout stars built up, what do u think i should do with them? build up a few more or just scout the 15?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

TheJims wrote: »
    Hey guys, newb question. i just realized i have 15 YA scout stars built up, what do u think i should do with them? build up a few more or just scout the 15?

Early signs are that spending 15 to 20 stars per scouted player is the most efficient use of stars.

I went with the 15 stars n got a guy in, hes 92kg and 193cm. dono where to put him, im guessing best thing to do is put him straight in the first team?

hav to wait ages till i can promote him n see what i get :-\

I went with the 15 stars n got a guy in, hes 92kg and 193cm. dono where to put him, im guessing best thing to do is put him straight in the first team?

hav to wait ages till i can promote him n see what i get :-\

Yeah put him straight in, could be a full back with that height... or big centre

Defo Pulled a potential star of the future.
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10227879

Ethan Carolan. 25, 494

Attack - 10
    Kicking - 10
    Agility-10
    Defense- 10
    Handling - 8
    Stamina - 9
    Speed could do with work ( 6) But i'll give him sessions at lvl 5.

Opinions??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Defo Pulled a potential star of the future.
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10227879

Ethan Carolan. 25, 494

Attack - 10
    Kicking - 10
    Agility-10
    Defense- 10
    Handling - 8
    Stamina - 9
    Speed could do with work ( 6) But i'll give him sessions at lvl 5.

Opinions??

Train him for out-half

work on attack and kicking mainly (thats what i'd do)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Just got an 18 year old 667 CSR pull :D

blackdog2 wrote: »
    Just got an 18 year old 667 CSR pull :D

:eek: thats dreadful...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

He is on the market now, for a cool 10k of course

Check this monster out! i bet he'll come outa the youth academy with under 10K CSR :p

16 y/o (R5, D5) | 198cm | 130kg | Ireland | green.gif
    20 stars
    Right handed, left footed, in average form.
    A psychotic player with collected discipline, despicable leadership, and non-existent experience.

Gona play him at No.8, but im currently training up 2 backs, so He'll get Agility and Attack training till hes ripe

Check this monster out! i bet he'll come outa the youth academy with under 10K CSR :p

Gona play him at No.8, but im currently training up 2 backs, so He'll get Agility and Attack training till hes ripe

the agility and attack won't be wasted on hiim if number 8 - excellent prospect for you jim!

• Advertisement
Advertisement