Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

missing 14 year old girl Kilkenny

• 27-10-2010 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭

I've posted this in the Kilkenny forum also.

I know if it were my daughter I'd want as much coverage as possible.

I hope she's found safe and well.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Faith-Duggan-Missing-Person/160594870638999

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1024/dugganf.html

Gardaí have issued an appeal to trace a 14-year-old girl who has been from her home in Kilkenny since yesterday morning.

Faith Duggan, from Pearse Street in Kilkenny city, was last seen at around 1.30am. It is believed she was wearing a black and white 'hoody' top.

Faith is described as being 5'6" with brown eyes and slim build. She has a slight scratch on her forehead and cheek. She usually wears her hair, which is a dull blonde colour, in three sections with a long fringe to the left.

It is thought that the teenager may be in the Tallaght area of Dublin. Her family are very concerned for her safety.

Anyone with information is asked to contact gardaí at Kilkenny on 056 7775000, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda Station

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Is there any reason as to why she would be in Tallaght? Does she have family/friends/ a boyfriend up there?

As for her being last seen at 1.30 thats pretty late for a 14 year old to be out!

I hope she gets found and comes back safe, her poor parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Is there any reason as to why she would be in Tallaght? Does she have family/friends/ a boyfriend up there?

As for her being last seen at 1.30 thats pretty late for a 14 year old to be out!

I hope she gets found and comes back safe, her poor parents.

according to her dad on local radio, they dont know why she'd be out that late. and as for the Tallaght thing havent heard if theres any connections to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I heard it on the radio on my way in on the car - the father was on the phone. They have tracked her mobile to Tallaght and a family friend has put up some flyers with her - so hopefully they find her.

Listening to the radio, he brought up the idea that she had met someone over the internet. So if I were the gardaí, I'd be contacting facebook for access to her account to check her page & messages and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I know I don't need to say this, but I will just in case.

No jokes please. Only helpful responses welcome

just saw on KCLR facebook she has been found.

good news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

patrickc wrote: »

good news.

Not exactly found. She has made contact with the family, and her phone was traced to Tallaght. But she is alive and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

good news.

I don't see that anywhere on that KCLR page?? Maybe it was removed, but there's nothing on that other facebook page about her being found either

Ollchailin wrote: »
    I don't see that anywhere on that KCLR page?? Maybe it was removed, but there's nothing on that other facebook page about her being found either

it's on sue nunns page anyway

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000314917450

dont know if you need to be friends to see it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

good news.

Can we make jokes now?

it's on sue nunns page anyway

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000314917450

dont know if you need to be friends to see it or not

Yeah you do, I can't see it & I'm not friends with her. Not totally sure if she should be putting up that she's been found when there are obvious complications to the story yet at this stage- in fairness I don't know how Sue phrased it so maybe I'm wrong (although I wouldn't exactly be a fan of her "journalism" so maybe that's clouding my judgement!!)

Anyway, hopefully the girl comes home safe & sound, must be an awful time for her family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

flyton5 wrote: »
    Can we make jokes now?

*Looks around for people who never normally post in After Hours*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Guys, the news story that broke and this is the offical line as of 11am

'Gardai say missing Kilkenny girl Faith Duggan has made contact with her family. KCLR has been told that the 14 year old girl has been speaking with the family and arrangements are being made to try and reunite them with her'.

Sue said 'located' and 'found', but this is incorrect. She has just made contact.

how the hell in the tags at the bottom is knackers one of them?:mad:

ottostreet wrote: »

Sue said 'located' and 'found', but this is incorrect. She has just made contact.

Why does that not surprise me? :rolleyes:

(about the incorrect statement, not about the girl herself)

Well, she is a girl.

That's awful :(

mikom wrote: »
    Well, she is a girl.

:confused::confused::confused:

Well, she is a girl.

wtf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Someone is going to town with the tags.

• Advertisement

Right, thanks for that, but still doesn't make any sense as to why you said "Well she is a girl".

And whoever's on the tags, cop on will you, bloody pathetic.

Right, thanks for that, but still doesn't make any sense as to why you said "Well she is a girl".

You know many girls with testicles?
    In before links234 or whatever the name is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Obviously got their knackers in a twist.

You know many girls with testicles?
    In before links234 or whatever the name is.

I still don't get it, but I don't particularly need to so don't worry about it.

Anyway, back on topic, just heard on KCLR news that the girl's family are trying to get her back home after making contact with her:

http://www.kclr96fm.com/news?id=23477

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

A couple of my friends know her family it's terrible thing to happen I really feel for them. I hope she is found soon I have a 16year old sister and would die if she went missing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

She was found safe its says it on the Facebook page.

Advertisement