Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Light Leads

• 27-10-2010 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hoping someone out there can help me source a light lead.I bought a set of front lights last year so I could still cycle during the winter months, however I lost the splitter cable which connects from the battery(located in bottle cage) to the twin lights. The model of the light is an Electron 5W 10W Double Front Light .I ordered a replacement lead from another source as Wiggle didn't do spares, but the lead that came has female connectors on it, I need a lead with male connectors. Has anyone come across this problem before, I wrote to Wiggle but they said sorry we don't stock spares.Looked for maunfacturer Electon on web but no joy.
    Any ideas or is it just a case of cutting the connectors and soldering the cables together.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Phil2me wrote: »
    Hoping someone out there can help me source a light lead.I bought a set of front lights last year so I could still cycle during the winter months, however I lost the splitter cable which connects from the battery(located in bottle cage) to the twin lights. The model of the light is an Electron 5W 10W Double Front Light .I ordered a replacement lead from another source as Wiggle didn't do spares, but the lead that came has female connectors on it, I need a lead with male connectors. Has anyone come across this problem before, I wrote to Wiggle but they said sorry we don't stock spares.Looked for maunfacturer Electon on web but no joy.
    Any ideas or is it just a case of cutting the connectors and soldering the cables together.....

Power city or any electrical retailer (Reilly's) will have Male/female converters. I bought a pack in Power city yesterday for €2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

You could try maplins if you are in Dublin. They may have something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Phil2me

Thanks for suggestions , I tried Maplins on Sunday no joy.
    The leads from Chain Reaction have a female connection on them also, had already purchased , only realised when I took it out of box.
    Tried to Elec Wholesalers today but also no joy.

Somebody suggested Farnell , so going to see what they have to offer.
    Thanks again

Eventually got sorted, I wrote to Wiggle again about the issue, however they told me that they no loonger do Electron parts & suggested I try Madison.co.uk , which I did.
    I got an email back from them reccomending a splitter cable which I had previously bought and didn't resolve issue, I informed him off that, anyway after a couple of emails back & forth, the problem was Wiggle had originaaly supplied me with an old battery, they sent me photo of new type battery asking would the connector type would work, I confirmed that it would, 3 days later it arrived in the post free of charge.
    Happy Days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Interesting .... I suspect CRC wouldn't have been so helpful!

In fairness to CRC they did in fact stock a lead, when I wrote to Wiggle previously on subject I got the standard , we only stock what is on our website. When I wrote back stating that I didn't want to spend a 100plus euro for a complete new set of lights as I only wanted a lead , I received no reply.Bought the lead then off CRC.

Advertisement