Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Successfully Crowd Sourced Funds?

Options
  • 27-10-2010 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

as title suggest just wondering if anyone has successfully crowd sourced funds. The traditional funding methods won't work for me to be honest so trying to look at other options other than banks, the 3 F's etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RayTorr

I think Peer funding is a more accurate term for this, it's largely people who are known to the fund seekers who back projects

Nope Crowdsourcing is the correct term.

Harry get yourself on Linkedin and join the crowdsourcing group, theres over 10,000 people in it I think. I reckon you'll find out quick if anyones having any success with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Michael_Burke

as title suggest just wondering if anyone has successfully crowd sourced funds. The traditional funding methods won't work for me to be honest so trying to look at other options other than banks, the 3 F's etc

I currently have a project running on peerbackers.com which I started yesterday, it's an experiment really but you can see all projects once you join so checking the success of other users is easy enough
    I would have used kickstarter but they use amazon for payments and that is only available in the US.
    you should be able to find me without joining so it'll give you an idea of what i'm up to.
    As for whether or not i'll have any success, we'll just have to wait and see.

Advertisement