Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devildriver/36 Crazyfists - UK Tour 2010

Options
  • 27-10-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Take them or leave them?

I'm heading to this gig in Newcastle, but despite an extensive UK and Dutch tour, there are no dates in Ireland. What are people's opinions on these acts? Are they worth going to see or are there more important bands around.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I love 36 Crazyfists , was surprised they didnt pop over because they played the TBMC few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I like 36 Crazyfists. Don't care for Devildriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I like both bands but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I love 36 crazyfists. I seem to be the only person who got a good sound from them at Download, everbody i spoke was complaining they couldn't hear anything. The new album is really good aswell.

Devildriver mean little to me, I liked the last kind words, but hated the last album.

I'v heard good things about idiom, and eleuvite are great live. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Devildriver are an immensly good live band. And on cd imo too. Would love to see them in an indoor venue(have only seen them at festivals so far). If I had the money I'd be heading to one or two dates. 36Crazyfists I don't really care for.

• Advertisement

eleuvite are great live
    Eluveitie are great full stop :). I'd love to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'v heard good things about idiom, and eleuvite are great live. Enjoy it.

I didn't realise there were another two bands on the bill, I'll have to check them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Both kind of average bands for me, I like them and I'd go see them if they were in dublin but i wouldn't go out of my way to see em.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I'd go see them if they were in dublin but i wouldn't go out of my way to see em.
    Same for me but subtract Dublin and add Cork or Galway instead :).

I'm gutted this is isn't coming to Ireland at all actually. I'm suprised as it's a lengthy enough UK tour, and neither band has been in Ireland in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm heading to the Newcastle show myself, moved here a few weeks ago and the next few weeks have me spoiled for gigs!

36CF are one of my fav bands so really looking forward to it, some of the nicest guys you could meet aswell! I only know a few Devildriver songs but I plan on changing that over the next week!

I'm heading to the Newcastle show myself, moved here a few weeks ago and the next few weeks have me spoiled for gigs!

36CF are one of my fav bands so really looking forward to it, some of the nicest guys you could meet aswell! I only know a few Devildriver songs but I plan on changing that over the next week!

I met Crazyfists aswell, Beast blokes!!

Yeah it's a great scene, hope you enjoy living in the area, some excellent tours coming up and always lots to do

Just back from this tonight. Band's were great and all that, but because of some disco in the Academy, the curfew was 10....first band started earlier then scheduled, and the trait continued...despite their excellence

What confused me was Devildrivers behaviour. Has anyone ever seen them before here? They simply walked off-stage at 9.25 having played less then an hour. Last thing Dez said was thanks for the appreciation of our music, and then the band left the stage, and we all taught it was an encore...if a little early. Then the house lights went up and without any further announcement they started dismantling the drumkit.

I just think it's a little weird, no "this is our last song" and no "thanks for coming out tonight" and no encore, nothing at all....one minute they're rocking, song ends and then the band walk off? Anyone know what could be going on!:confused:

Just back from this tonight. Band's were great and all that, but because of some disco in the Academy, the curfew was 10....first band started earlier then scheduled, and the trait continued...despite their excellence

What confused me was Devildrivers behaviour. Has anyone ever seen them before here? They simply walked off-stage at 9.25 having played less then an hour. Last thing Dez said was thanks for the appreciation of our music, and then the band left the stage, and we all taught it was an encore...if a little early. Then the house lights went up and without any further announcement they started dismantling the drumkit.

I just think it's a little weird, no "this is our last song" and no "thanks for coming out tonight" and no encore, nothing at all....one minute they're rocking, song ends and then the band walk off? Anyone know what could be going on!:confused:

What a swizz. I would not be happy. How were the bands otherwise?

What a swizz. I would not be happy. How were the bands otherwise?

They were fine. Idiom sound a little like RATM, at least their vocalist does, while the band try to play as heavy as Slayer.

Ev....erm....ulitie....whatever, they were pretty good, first band I've ever seen that played the flute, banjo and maybe even the bagpipes on stage with a full metal ensemble. Reminded me a lot of Turisas but a lot heavier then the latter.

36 Crazyfists were a lot heavier then the last time I seen them, which was supporting Killswitch Engage in Dublin over 8 years ago....probably the first gig I ever went too. I was a little pissed they didn't perform 'Bloodwork' but other then that I have no real complaints on their set. Their new album is the heaviest thing they've ever done and I'm not sure if you'd even call them Metalcore anymore.

Devildriver, excellent, lots of circle pit and walls of death action....some great songs, lots from Pray For Villains and they reminded me a lot of Machine Head....except heavier and more brutally crushing. Don't get me wrong, I love MH, but these guys really take Speed Metal to their very core. They walked off at the end and I was just completely puzzled, alongside the audience, and I seriously hope something isn't up with the band or one of it's members.

Oh, and they're charging £30 to do a meet and greet after the show, you get some stuff signed, you get a few photos, a guitar pick, a laminate etc and they take you onto the tour bus and let you hear two songs from the new album due feb 2011

Oh, and they're charging £30 to do a meet and greet after the show, you get some stuff signed, you get a few photos, a guitar pick, a laminate etc and they take you onto the tour bus and let you hear two songs from the new album due feb 2011

A lot of bands seem to be doing this now, that one seems like a fair deal though.

A lot of bands seem to be doing this now, that one seems like a fair deal though.

No, it is a good deal, I just interviewed Dez before the show and asked him for his opinion on the matter and why he did it and his answer just didn't sit well with me. But when the interview is published I'll post a link and you can see what he said. I dunno, maybe it's just me, I would have answered that question differently lol

Advertisement