Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cable for UPC broadband

• 27-10-2010 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about getting UPC broadband/tv package installed in the place where i rent..
    The TV is downstairs and I have my computer upstairs...
    The cable that is in the house is fine for the tv, but if i want to run a cable upstais for my pc, will UPC provide this for me?
    Or can anyone direct me where i can get this type of cable..they say if you do the install yourself you don't have to pay for the installation charge...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lawdable

Have a look at this thread before you book the UPC:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056063697

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

lawable, your one man crusade against UPC is both misinformed and pointless. If you can't answer the question that someone has, then don't post at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

If the machine is located upstairs, they would usually expect you to connect wirelessly. However, that doesn't get you the speed a wired connection will get.

You need a Cat 5 or better cable, if you want to run it to your PC. You might have to drill through the ceiling/floor.

Most IT supply shops will have it in stock, or you can get it online. Be aware, if you go the wireless route, you will not get the optimum speeds.

HTH

Advertisement