Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac11 mag problem

• 27-10-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Hi bought three mac11 mags secondhand but they dont fit my KSC mac, the feed lips are taller then my own mag, is it possible to fit these with the newer feed lips?
    Paid good money for them and seller (not on boards) will not refund me, please help!!
    fec260f7.jpg
    as you can see my mag is on the right, has anyone ever modified these, is it possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

What about the rubber gasket, that isn't the same height is it?

Your best bet is sell them on, if the mags were described as compatible and you used paypal you can file a dispute as they aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

No rubber gaskets are sitting higher than mine, and unfortunately I never asked the seller if they were compatible, when i saw the price I jumped at them I assumed they would fit! My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

They look to me like Wellfire G11 mags,,,funny because I thought the G11 was a direct clone of the KSC M11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

Hi SOCOM, I think you've encountered the same problem as I've had when I've tried to buy Mac-11 mags over the last wee while.

KSC changed the feed design on the Mac-11 to a new System-7 type a few years ago. So now the world is divided into "old" Mac-11 style (like your mag on the right of the pic) and the "new" System-7 based style, which I think has the higher feed lips. For what it's worth, my Mac is a HFC clone of the old KSC style, so the next time I go looking for mags I suspect I'll be buying HFC brand to be sure (although maybe they have a new model too, I don't know...:confused: )

So the mags you bought may have been compatible with a KSC Mac-11 alright, but not the one you had....

@Hairyman: As far as I can tell, the Well G11 is a clone of the new type. Haven't been able to confirm that though...

So my Mac is the older version?? Only bought it 3 months ago in Airsofteire! Are you 100% that the mag on the left is the newer system 7?

• Advertisement

Umm, can't say for certain right now. When I get home later I'll check my mags for comparison and get a pic up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Airsofteire sell the non system 7 version from ASG if memory serves me correctly.

Right. Good job I can easily say that I was wrong :D Finally got to dig out my own mags for my Mac-11. As you can see from the pictures they are definitely the type on the left of your picture, with the higher feed lips. Mine's a pre-system7 model, cos I got the last of the mags that ATS had in stock, and he had both types to compare.

mac-11-mags-1.JPG

mac-11-mags-2.JPG

So SOCOM, I would suggest that yours is indeed the new System7 type, and the mags you picked up are the older type. :) Detective work by committee. The good news I suppose, is that any retailer that has mags will probably have the newer type, which would work in yours. I believe SE Airsoft is selling them at the minute, for example..

Sorry you didn't get the right type, but maybe if you want to drop me a PM we could work out a way to get you some of your investment back ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Hi Socom,
    Did you get rid of those mags for the early version, I have an earlier version may be looking for spare mags. Either that or could sell the Mac.
    Let me know either way.
    Cheers.

Hi Socom,
    Did you get rid of those mags for the early version, I have an earlier version may be looking for spare mags. Either that or could sell the Mac.
    Let me know either way.
    Cheers.
    Hiya, got rid of them a while back to a lad on boards. Thanks though

• Advertisement
Advertisement