Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure pains 33.5 weeks

Options
  • 27-10-2010 11:04am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Been having some period type pains on and off since Monday.. last night they got kind of intense.. When I say intense, it was very uncomfortable but not what I would expect labour pains to be like..

Anyway this morning (TMI upcoming)
    I'm nearly sure I leaked some fluid, it wasn't like my normal discharge, this was way more watery, thankfully I was wearing a pad

Anyone else had this at my stage or should I be concerned.. I don't want to be running to the Hospital crying wolfe, I know they have enough to be doing.. I'm just worried as it's still too early for baby to come :(

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Never be afraid to visit the hospital for something like this. Give them a call NOW and see what they say! They will almost certainly tell you to pop in for a checkup. The stuff they have to be doing is dealing with things like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I refer you to this post I made at 34 weeks :o

Pressure pains are really bad, cramps etc, could be braxton hicks. They can check and see if your waters are trickling, if you still have the pad bring it with you to the hospital. Amniotic fluid is kind of sweet smelling.

Never be afraid to head in, if it's the Rotunda they are fantastic at seeing you, although you may be waiting a while. Lovely emergency room there too :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thanks guys :o

I went to my GP and she sent me in to the Rotunda.. They were great, they checked my waters, still intact and no trickling and my cervix is still closed.. They put a trace on the babies heart for a good while and everything seems to be ok with him/her thank God..

They couldn't find any reason for the pains, I guess it's just one of those things.. I'm still having them now but at least I've had it checked and I know it's not baby making an early entrance.. My blood pressure was a little high but they put that down to me being stressed out..

Plenty of rest and tlc for Mammy I guess.. that's all I can do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

xzanti I am only about 2 or 3 days ahead of you and have had a few Braxton Hicks contractions over the last few days. Two in particular were intense and I was waiting for more but none thank god. This started happening about now on my last pregnancy and he was 6 days late so just something we have to put up with! You sound like me though not wanting to go into the hospital to 'bother them' but you really are better off even ringing them and asking to speak to a midwife/doc and telling them whats wrong and ask whether they think you should go in or not. Not long now though for us thank god!

Advertisement