Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men who own cats: Do they exist?

• 27-10-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭

Or to put it another way, cat owning men.

I don't know of any men who own cats. I've never known of men who own cats. Apart from Uncle Monty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQx4qiEmRQ4

I'm not sure why this is, but I remember seeing an ad with a man wearing white, looking out over his patio, drenched in golden sunlight, tickling a cat. Then his girlfriend comes out (the implication being that he's not gay, I thought, although the cat\gay connection seems tenuous at best).

Obviously I saw the other thread, and had a bit of a think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

This guy owns a cat but the cat wants out of the deal:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I owned a cat. I called him Chairman Meow.

Im not gay. Unless your mum is a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I know a guy with a cat... What about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I have several male friends that have cats. They're not gay, in fact I'd wager that they'd kick seven shades of ****e outta alot of guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

i dunno, ask in the atheism and agnosticism forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Yeah i have a mate who own's a couple of cats. One of them died recently...it wasn't pretty :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

curlzy wrote: »
    They're not gay, in fact I'd wager that they'd kick seven shades of ****e outta alot of guys.

Huh?
    What does aggressive behaviour have to do with being straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I have several male friends that have cats. They're not gay, in fact I'd wager that they'd kick seven shades of ****e outta alot of guys.

Would that be before or after they had sex with them? :pac:

Would that be before or after they had sex with them? :pac:

NO. Hmmmm thought I covered that when I said "they're not gay".

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Huh?

Well I have noticed that my straight friends end up in alot more fights than my gay friends. Or am I not allowed to say that?

• Advertisement

NO. Hmmmm thought I covered that when I said "they're not gay".

Sorry that was overwritten when you said

Their aggressive nature is no doubt down to the parasites they've picked up from their scratchy furry little friends.

It's true I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I was more wondering about whether there was a social stigma about men vs. women who own cats.

I'm sure there are plenty of violent homosexuals, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Purely do not like cats, sneaky fcukers who climb in a window and sh1t on your pillow. The dog is A1 for getting rid of them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I exist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

better than dogs. close thread

OisinT wrote: »
    I exist!

WELL DONE THAT MAN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Yeah! I have 3, a guy can never have enough pussys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i know a lad who has two cats, wouldnt really call him a man though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Two very nice Polish lads down the road have cats!:D

I'd say they are in their 20's - lovely friendly lads. Also a guy I work with lives alone and has 2 cats.

Men who own cats DO exist, I think a man who is kind to a cat is attractive, if they act cruelly towards animals - chances are they will be cruel towards women!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I have 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

What an utterly retarded thread. Sorry, it just had to be said.

What an utterly retarded thread. Sorry, it just had to be said.

Are you lost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Their aggressive nature is no doubt down to the parasites they've picked up from their scratchy furry little friends.

It's true I tells ya!

I heard about that before. Apparently when rats get infected with the parasite they become drawn to cats rather than fearful of them. It's supposed to make people more likely to take risks during everyday life too, like taking unnecessary chances at traffic lights etc. Mad stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Snakeblood wrote: »

I don't know of any men who own cats. I've never known of men who own cats. Apart from Uncle Monty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQx4qiEmRQ4

I'm not sure why this is, but I remember seeing an ad with a man wearing white, looking out over his patio, drenched in golden sunlight, tickling a cat. Then his girlfriend comes out (the implication being that he's not gay, I thought, although the cat\gay connection seems tenuous at best).

Yes.

My husband owned two cats when I first met him.
    One of my brothers owns a cat, amongst other pets.
    Several of my male friends own cats, 4 in total (friends, that is. 6 cats in total).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Purely do not like cats, sneaky fcukers who climb in a window and sh1t on your pillow. The dog is A1 for getting rid of them though.

I know people who keep cats to keep the stray dogs from ****ting in their garden.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Schroedinger owned a cat, but I think it died. Or maybe it is still alive. I'm not too sure tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I have a few.
    LOve my cats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Funny thing, if the male Cat owner is not gay or effeminate, he's a tyrant trying to take over the world.

Loved that clip from "you only live twice"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

My Cat, or well, the Cat who choose to live with me, passed away in the summer. She was 18 years old and I had found her abandoned as a Kitten. I don't think I could get another Cat now, even though they are such fun animals. Miss my Cat :/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I have 2 cats and I'm double straight.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I know a gay who has a cat

I know a gay who has a cat

I know a cat who has a gay... hhmmmmm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I know a gay cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

I know a gay bat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I own one.

I heard about that before. Apparently when rats get infected with the parasite they become drawn to cats rather than fearful of them. It's supposed to make people more likely to take risks during everyday life too, like taking unnecessary chances at traffic lights etc. Mad stuff

It's funny how if you write a reply in AH you can nearly always use google to find an article to back it up.

I had no idea about those parasites until I wrote that post.

Boards.ie you've learned me something again!

hblock21 wrote: »
    I know a gay bat

Bruce Wayne was never confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

we HAD a cat in the past and now have two dogs. you never really own a cat. they own you.

• Advertisement

I'm on a Rover forum or two based in the UK, loads of chaps over there have cats, I was well surprised but there you go. I don't know any Irish dude with a cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Well I have noticed that my straight friends end up in alot more fights than my gay friends. Or am I not allowed to say that?

Meeeeow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I own three and I'm so manly I bicep-curl them all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have 2 cats... they're easier to take care of than dogs, and I have 2 of them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Keptic

Snakeblood wrote: »

Just a few quickies:

http://rulingcatsanddogs.com/cats-famous-cat-owners-celebrities-pets-celebrity-feline-lovers.htm

Sir Winston Churchill:
    PM of England (1874 - 1965)
    Sir Winston owned a cat named Jock who attended many wartime Cabinet meetings. Rumor has it that meals at the Churchill household could not begin until the ginger colored tabby was at the table.

Samuel Clemens: Mark Twain
    (born 1835)
    Quote “If a man could be crossed with a cat, it would improve the man but deteriorate the cat.”

Abraham Lincoln: US President (1809)
    Abe came to presidential office accompanied by Tabby, a cat belonging to his son. “No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens.” Quote by Abraham Lincoln.

Nostradamus: Prophet
    The French Astrologer, 1503-1566, had a cat named Grimalkin.

Edward Lear: Artist and author (1812-1888)
    Edward was devoted to Foss, his tabby cat. His devotion was so great that when he decided to move to San Remo, Italy, he instructed his architect to design a replica of his old home in England so Foss would not be disturbed and suffer a minimum of distress after the move. Lear’s drawings of his stripped tabby cat are well-known, especially those which accompany his rhyme, “The Owl and the Pussycat.”

Sir Isaac Newton: philosopher
    Sir Isaac Newton, famous for his laws of motion and gravity, was a confirmed cat lover who was deeply concerned about the welfare of his feline friends. Therefore, so his research would go uninterrupted, and his cats should not feel restricted and be at liberty to wander freely in and out when the doors were closed, he invented the cat-flap.

Also "Pets" part in the below:
    http://www.algonet.se/~anki-p/peter%20steele%20Bio.html

So what exactly are you saying there? Whatever, I don't care :)

Ah, I would also add this, as my excuse for not taking part (more than I already did) in this miserable thread:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7165164/Cat-owners-more-educated-than-dog-owners.html

"Cats require less time per day than a dog, so they are more popular with educated people who work late and have long commutes."

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've a cat, a Pitbull and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Cat's are great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Johnny Favourite

cats are gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was "given" a vicious tabby, and I've also got this handy little reference book.

I can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

dogs have owners

cats have staff

:pac:

Advertisement