Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16weeks gone and no bump??

Options
  • 27-10-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am gone 16 weeks and a few days and I still have no bump, not even a little one. The only thing I've noticed is fuller uterus really. This is my first baby.

I hope everything is ok, just keep reading of people who were showing at 14 wks and lots at 16weeks who have little bumps??

Hope everyone is getting on well,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

What kind of frame do you have?

My sister has always had a very small and thin frame she didn't show at all on her first she was also very young 17/18
    I know a few around early 20's with small frames that dont show till before they are to drop,

I wouldnt worry about it, next time you have an appointment maybe bring it up with midwife Im sure its more common then you think, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I'm 28 weeks and don't have much of a bump yet. A lot of people I work with and swim with haven't realised that I'm pregnant. Pre-pregnancy I was a size 14 and 5 10", I used to swim competitively so I have broad shoulders too and it all just hides the bump (and I've put on 15 lbs). My doctor keeps remarking that I don't look pregnant but when he measures me I'm bang on target for my dates. I have a couple of pairs of low-waisted jeans that still fit and I'm wearing a non-maternity dress today too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Do you have the 'What do expect when you're Expecting' book? It has piccies of how some women carry babies differently to others and the different shapes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

When I was pregnant with my daughter 9 years ago (god I feel old) I didn't show til I was 8 months i.e 8 weeks before she was born!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I didn't show at all until about 16 weeks, now 19 weeks and beginning to look pregnant.

How soon you show depends on a lot of different factors, as others have already said. If your measurements are right that is all that matters :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

With my first (age 18/19) i had a visible bump at 14 weeks, i also had a large uterus in fact at 14 weeks it was the size of an average woman at 20 weeks.

The same went for my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, with my 2nd i was visible at 12 weeks and with my 3rd i was visible at 8 weeks, i had to tell work at 8 weeks because they could already see it.

Each time i was scanned for twins, but they put it down to my uterus expanding very quickly, i also had large babies. With my 3rd at 8 weeks my uterus was the size of a woman at 16 weeks.

Each person differs and each pregnancy differs.

It could be that you have very good stomach muscles, it has been know for women not to notice they were pregnant at all and had no bump.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had no bump at all on number 1. A lot of people didn't believe me, work colleagues mainly! Don't worry, as long as hospital aren't worried, everything is fine!

Had a noticable bump on number 2 though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭kirstyor123

I was exactly the same as yourself i was worried sick with the fact why i was so small..not even a tiny bump did i have and nobody even noticed i was pregnant :p

I recently went for my second second and i was sure they were going to tell me my baby was too small but nope baby was perfect size :) i was delighted!!

I am now six months and can still hide the fact that im pregnant lol dont worry about it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

me and my sister and law were pregnant at the same time - I was 2 weeks ahead, no bump till week 25-26. She was easily at least twice my size! She was absolutely huge towards the end while my bump remained quite small. I gave birth at 39 weeks to 7lb4oz baby and my sister in law had a 5lb baby 6 weeks premature. So size doesn't really tell much.

Advertisement