Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation?

• 27-10-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

How do you motivate yourself to study?

I know this question probably sounds stupid, but I actually have no motivation anymore.

I'm doing homework just to get it done, for the teachers, but not for myself. I never study for class tests anymore, and I'm turning into one of those people who does her homework the morning before school.

I do want to do well in the Leaving, and I know to do that I have to put the effort in, but I'm doing pretty bad in my October Report, the only subject I did well in is maths, and that's because I'm good at it, and it's ordinary level.

I get stressed out even thinking about studying, and my books and notes from last year remain untouched on my floor.

The only thing I've been interested in doing this year is my research topic for history, because it's actually interesting like.

Sorry about the little rant, just wondering what people do to make themselves more focused and motivated? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jennyoo

Well your LC practicaly determines the rest of your life, i.e what course you will do, what people you will meet, what job you will get so just keep that in mind. It's worth putting the effort in for these next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oopsy, do you know what you want to do after the LC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Three letters of dire consequences that will bestow upon me if i do not motivate myself to study.

P.L.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Oopsy, do you know what you want to do after the LC?

The answer to that one is here...
    SDTimeout wrote: »
    Three letters of dire consequences that will bestow upon me if i do not motivate myself to study.

P.L.C.

I want to go to art college, and I didn't want the stress of the Leaving AND doing a portfolio, so I have to take a year out and do my portfolio, and I'm doing a PLC in portfolio preparation.

So I'm not as focused on points as other people would be, since I can't go to college next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    The answer to that one is here...

I want to go to art college, and I didn't want the stress of the Leaving AND doing a portfolio, so I have to take a year out and do my portfolio, and I'm doing a PLC in portfolio preparation.

So I'm not as focused on points as other people would be, since I can't go to college next year

Bit different for myself as i want Communications or Journalism in DCU.

Good look, someone last year from my school was the first person in ages to get into the best art college in Ireland. Sorry for being so vague i remember it being said in careers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Hey, I'm in second year of college and still haven't found out how to motivate myself to study :pac:. If there's a magic potion you learn of, let me know, otherwise you just need to suck it up and get it done.

Btw everyone, the Leaving Cert is not the be all and end all of your life. Of course it's best if you work hard and do the most amazing exam you can, but if you don't... Well there's always other ways around things. Enjoy your final year and don't be stressing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Still no harm to do your best for LC ... apart from anything else, you could change your mind by the end of the year (or indeed, in a year's time) and decide to do a degree in history!! :p

Advertisement