Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Corruption Stats - Ireland 14th least bent nation

• 27-10-2010 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

map here

Ireland is 14th least (LEAST!) corrupt as measured by Transparency International
    How do you define corruption?
    Transparency International (TI) has chosen a clear and focused definition of the term: Corruption is operationally defined as the abuse of entrusted power for private gain. TI further differentiates between "according to rule" corruption and "against the rule" corruption. Facilitation payments, where a bribe is paid to receive preferential treatment for something that the bribe receiver is required to do by law, constitute the former. The latter, on the other hand, is a bribe paid to obtain services the bribe receiver is prohibited from providing.

New Zealand comes out best and Somalia worst.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ireland 13th least bent nation

Somebody contact Eunuch Burke and tell him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I erred its 14th. I didn't spot Eunuch Burkes contribution! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

They must've slipped Transparency International a few bob to increase our ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Is that undetected corruption or detected corruption? The former is worse as we know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Lads -
    The 2010 CPI measures the degree to which public sector corruption is perceived to exist in 178 countries around the world. It scores countries on a scale from 10 (very clean) to 0 (highly corrupt).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Irlande . . . quatorze point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

mikom wrote: »
    Ireland 13th least bent nation

Somebody contact Eunuch Burke and tell him.

I've no idea who Eunuch Burke is, but someone should really tell David Norris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Based on 'perceptions' of corruption. So the fact that you don't have to slip the Gardai €30 to get you out of a speeding ticket would be counted as being less corrupt than Uzbekistan (where you have to).

Says nothing about Institutionalised corruption, which is prevalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,193 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

USA 7.1 ???

Ireland 8 ???

This only can me one thing: It's not that our countries Aren't bent, it's that most others are completely bent. And that means we are allll fcuked.

I am not going to sleep soundly tonight. Thanks a lot.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Something very corrupt about that statistic...

• Advertisement
Advertisement