Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer not working anymore

Options
  • 27-10-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I bought an Epson SX515W printer back in August, set it up wirelessly and it worked fine for a while. I started having problems with it a few weeks ago - I'd press print but nothing would happen. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it wirelessly and using the USB cable. It will print some files when connected with the USB but takes ages to connect to the printer, any programme I use just hangs for a few minutes first. With some programmes it just won't print anything. It won't work wirelessly at all. I paid an extra €50 for this model specifically because it could be used wirelessly.

Do I have any rights re getting a refund of my money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Have you checked that there is not interference in the area, WiFi networks etc? Is this an ad-hoc network or connected through a router?

To check for interference download and install inssider and do a scan for other netweorks using the same channel as the printer / network, if you find one look for some clear channels and change your network settings. You have confirmed that it has problems via USB too so I would favour returning it and getting a replacement.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

It's connected through a vodafone router. It did install absolutely no problem at first but then it just stopped working wirelessly. It's the fact that it takes a few minutes to connect even using the USB, and just won't print from Adobe Reader that makes me want a refund/replacement altogether.

OK.

Is that the Bewan modem (it has three USB ports) from Vodafone?

MC

It's a Huawei modem

But with Three USB ports?

• Advertisement

Hold on a sec, I've confused myself. The router is Huawei

See my previous post!!! Question remains the same! :)

Nope, just one USB port

Ah ok, can you tell me the model number, you can use the modem as a print server too but I don't think the scanner function works through that.

All in all I think it should be returned to the shop for a replacement as via USB it shouldn't give trouble (WiFi adds another variable to the mix that can be uncertain)

The printer or router model number?

• Advertisement

Router, the printer is the SX515W, familiar with it as the school I support has one of them in a classroom, nice printer.

It's HG556a. I don't think it's a problem with the router though, because it did work in the first place. There's a setting on the printer to connect to the network using the buttons on the printer, but this isn't working, I've gone through the process a few times, inputted the passkey and it still says not connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You've not yet determined that it is not your computer that is at fault. Everything you're printing is coming from your own computer. Try some other computer over USB first.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 maggot12345

Hi, I'm not very good with printers or computers and know nothing about the printer you have but I managed to fix my own printer using a website called Gizmo's Freeware--may help you too?

Thanks, didn't think of that. Installing the driver on an ancient pc now to check.

Update - working no problem on pc that's as old as the hills. Thanks for all the help everyone, just need to figure out why it won't work with my laptop now!

Advertisement