Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code of Conduct

Options
  • 27-10-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Apologies if this thread has been done before, but I was wondering is there some sort of code of conduct for lecturers that students could view before they make an official complaint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

Dear Student,

Just letting you know that I have recently taken up the role of Student Ombudsman here at CIT, which includes the Bishopstown Campus, the Cork School of Music, the Crawford College of Art and Design and the National Maritime College.

The purpose of the post of Student Ombudsman is to advise and assist students with the resolution of difficulties, complaints or grievances involving staff or services of the Institute in an informal manner.

All enquiries to the Student Ombudsman will remain confidential, except in cases of serious threat to life or property.

I welcome enquiries from students on any issue of concern.

Please use one of the following options to make an appointment:

Tel: please pm me for the number and email
    Email:
    Student Ombudsman
    Cork Institute of Technology
    Bishopstown,
    Cork
    Visit: Reception Desk at the Student Union Office in the Nexus Building on the Bishopstown Campus.

The services provided by the Student Ombudsman complement a range of existing student services and, with your permission, I may refer relevant student issues for resolution by those services as appropriate.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Paul Sliney, Student Ombudsman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

they want to look at some staff in the Computing dept.. maybe web Development :(

oh sorry he/she was moved to Alice programming.. poor first years!!

Cork24 wrote: »
    they want to look at some staff in the Computing dept.. maybe web Development :(

oh sorry he/she was moved to Alice programming.. poor first years!!
    what happen?
    i thought the first years Alice programming is Ro.M?

dont know. i though he was moved. he was moved for the Night Students i heard and i think she got moved to Web.

once i dont have him anymore is all i care.

what happend he's S**t 50 students fail Web last year about 12 turned up for the Retest. what a joke. i never showed up, so i need to resit the retest next Summer.

dont know. i though he was moved. he was moved for the Night Students i heard and i think she got moved to Web.

once i dont have him anymore is all i care.

what happend he's S**t 50 students fail Web last year about 12 turned up for the Retest. what a joke. i never showed up, so i need to resit the retest next Summer.
    well, he passed me and gave me a good marks when i in his modules...the only thing that i think is he gave a difficult question in the finail exam...and that is the only bad thing i can think of...
    i feel sorry for both sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Thinking of doing web development next year when finished my L.C, is their something I should be warned about?

your thinking of the
    Bachelor of Science (Honours) in WEB Development in CIT ?

If so. you will be Learning, Web Development :rolleyes: abit of Visual Basic. and some Networking.

i would if i was you and Hit W3Schools and learn some JavaScript, HTML, CSS. by doing this and learning them off Well will save you some time on Study.

As for Semester 1 only hard ones their are Networking 1. & Computer Hardware. the rest are 100% class work easy.. Oh and don't forget ALICE programming.. As Any one in the Computer Dept they all Hate ALICE
    Problem Solving & Programming

you can download that from their site its an easy course if you have whats her face :o.. you could have a nothing on the computer screen and she be laughing to her self. Me thinks so Smokes some dupe before she does the classes/

your thinking of the
    Bachelor of Science (Honours) in WEB Development in CIT ?

If so. you will be Learning, Web Development :rolleyes: abit of Visual Basic. and some Networking.

i would if i was you and Hit W3Schools and learn some JavaScript, HTML, CSS. by doing this and learning them off Well will save you some time on Study.

As for Semester 1 only hard ones their are Networking 1. & Computer Hardware. the rest are 100% class work easy.. Oh and don't forget ALICE programming.. As Any one in the Computer Dept they all Hate ALICE
    Problem Solving & Programming

you can download that from their site its an easy course if you have whats her face :o.. you could have a nothing on the computer screen and she be laughing to her self. Me thinks so Smokes some dupe before she does the classes/

Yah Web Development (BSc Honours) (CR 312)
    I already have a novice experience with HTML, Java, Javascript, CSS and PHP from about 4 years of interest between being a part of a team working on a game in JAVA, various websites with HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP with some very basic SQL.
    Ill be going in with some knowledge, understanding and experience but its the industry I've always wanted to get into and would love to have a recognized certification in it rather than a portfolio alone.

Although obviously I'd be concerned about doing this course if theirs complaints about a lecturer / professor.
    Mind sending me a PM with a email address that I could chat with you about the course if your doing it?

If you have 4years under you, whats the point in doing Web Development ?

if you really want to get more out of Making websites, why not Media Studies? they would be a great place to learn, 2 Semester 1 full Term, Photos, Video, Image Print, and Video to Web.. then go on Bachelors of Arts (Honours) in Multimedia ? as doing Web Development your not going to get much out of it.

if you go onto it will give you the Modules in Multimedia.
    http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/863

I dont do Web Development, i'm in Computer Sci. Dept. in CR_KCOMP_6
    was thinking to move to Multimedia Hate Programming, & Maths

If you have 4years under you, whats the point in doing Web Development ?

if you really want to get more out of Making websites, why not Media Studies? they would be a great place to learn, 2 Semester 1 full Term, Photos, Video, Image Print, and Video to Web.. then go on Bachelors of Arts (Honours) in Multimedia ? as doing Web Development your not going to get much out of it.

if you go onto it will give you the Modules in Multimedia.
    http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/863

I dont do Web Development, i'm in Computer Sci. Dept. in CR_KCOMP_6
    was thinking to move to Multimedia Hate Programming, & Maths

When I said four years, I dont mean four years in the fields I mean four years of interest and just casually making websites, I want to do the course for the reason of I wanting to work in the industry.

• Advertisement

fair enough.. just though, since Web Development by the look of things don't work with Flash, where as Media does,

Sites are moving more to flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

fair enough.. just though, since Web Development by the look of things don't work with Flash, where as Media does,

I think its the opposite, I think Flash is dying. You can do pretty much anything that Flash can do with Jquery/javascript these days and it doesn't have the problems Flash has in terms of viewing it.

[Sorry for popping up out of nowhere, cya]

Sites will never fully move over to flash for so many reasons,
    One being how difficult it is for a search engine to catalog contents of a site based heavily on flash and any websites flash elements.
    Secondly as it is not something everyone has installed on their computers and has been known as a massive security hole in its many versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

What? Where have you got that idea?

Webmonkey wrote: »
    What? Where have you got that idea?

It would be nice to see any forum software run on flash, think how laggy that would run. Or a search engine printing thousands of results.
    Back-end will always remain free of flash as that's a type of functionality that flash can simply not offer.

Also I believe we are straying a bit off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Multimedia is not a great course if you want to get into web development for definite, it touches its toes in too many disciplines.

Advertisement