Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Echo

Options
  • 27-10-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

In the current economic climate we're in I find it a disgrace that the echo has the paper printed in Cork. It used to be printed in Enniscorthy but moved the process to Cork, probably because it was cheaper! This has resulted in job losses for the town. Do you think that was right?
    If I have my info wrong please correct me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

No, you're not wrong. It's because the Echo Group was bought by Thomas Crosbie Holdings who also publish the Examiner. But the printing presses (which, at the time, were fairly new) were not wanted as it was always intended to print the papers in Cork on the Examiner presses so they stayed in the ownership of the Buttle brothers.

The People newspapers are printed in (I think) Meath, so no change there either.

Advertisement