Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Place for Costumes (A Warning)

Options
  • 27-10-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

i been rooting around on the forums all morning to find somewhere to post this and i think heres the best place. I ordered a mask a month and a bit ago for a fancy dress party in 3 weeks and to follow a Halloween party, i bought it off http://www.stapolinpartyshop.ie/ they are, from what i read on the website based in Co Roscommon so i figured i'd have my mask within a few days, today, the 27th of october, nearly exactly a month after i ordered it it arrived. To late for one party but just in time for Halloween.
    Ok i can understand if the item had not been in stock but the website said 50 available, so figured i'd have it pretty soon. but no. so i contacted them via email, three times, to find out the status of my order. I looked on the website it told me the day it was ordered, here is what i was shown on the website (copy paste)
    10/06/2010 Pending 10/06/2010 Processing
    10/20/2010 Awaitng Dispatch 10/22/2010 Dispatched
    Now i placed my order on the 29th of september, i was charged on, the 29th of september but my order only began processing on the 6th of october.
    So anyway, im happy i seen the package waiting for me today and i picked it up to see, 1.90 on the stamp, when i'd been charged 5euro for Zone Rates (Shipping to IE), i could have ordered something off ebay for cheaper shipping from england. but fine, ok i got jipped on the shipping i'll let it go as the mask is finally here, opened up the package which in fairness was a sturdy package so that good to find a HUGE mask nothing like the one from the website, the top of it badly damaged from however it was jammed into the envelope and had the label pushed through the thin skin on the top, the corners had several times damaged the mask. I've emailed, complaining but this would be my 4th email to them with no reply.

I think how this business is run is unprofessional, i cant understand why it took a week to process and nearly a month to have it delivered i could have bought from ebay in england and had the item in 5 days. the site came as a recommendation of a friend but i'd never use it again and i wish to tell other that if your ina hurry to buy for a party, this is not the place to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭seanw7

Sometimes this just happens i ordered a costume from a similar place and it took 3 weeks... the Costume was a big cup of tea and when i rang them they just said it was a strange choice of costume and they had trouble getting it in stock.. but all sorted now. cant wait for Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

They all have some issues with costumes shaped as a cup of tea. Been having problems to order one , just like the poster above. Today is 27.10 and I am still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

a big cup of tea, hehe, yeah that is odd indeed :D but to be honest mine was just a skull mask. one of several they had put up on the site. i wouldnt recommend that site to anyone again. maybe i was just unlucky but i cant have been the only one.

Advertisement