Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is this the 220?

• 27-10-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

So i was walking backl from the shop few days ago and a car stopped beside me and rolled down the window. They called me over to the car and being a gent thinking they were asking for directions went over to them. The question they asked though was "Is this the 220?"

I had no idea what they were on about and i think the blank expression showed. But again they asked is this the 220? i kinda shook my head shrugged my shoulders and said i hadn't a clue what they were talking about. They started getting frustrated repeating 220? Is it the 220 till they eventually said the road. Is this the road number 220?

Now this is a crappy little enough road out of Letterkenny and i said i had no idea and they gave me a look as though i knew nothing. so they asked me where this road went to. I was very tempted to say Rome but bit my tongue and started listing off a few towns along the way and that still wasn't good enough and eventually asked/demanded was this the way to Glenveagh National Park.

I told them no and sent them the quicker way (i'm a saint) but as they drove off noticed they had Tipperary plates.

Ok so is this a Donegal thing or is this the same all over the country. Do you know what the road numbers are in your area? and if you do are you from Tipperary? Can people not just ask is this the way to X anymore?

Looking back i kinda wish i had sent them the long way but meh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the R220 perhaps?

M50, N7, RXXX, LXXXX, all roads are numbered. GPS's will generally use the numbers as well as names, maybe thats where they were getting it from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Donegal forum tbh.

Thought you were asking about the 220 bus instead! (yeh Dub forum for that too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Was it the 220?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Is this the 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Should have said "Nah, this is the 420 bud" and blew a load of hash smoke in his face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Didn't think much point in putting it in Donegal forum if i'm seeing if it's a Donegal thing that we don't know the road numbers, They had no GPS just a map and there is no signs on the road anywhere nearby that gave the road number.

in fact i think i've only seen a couple my entire life (granted wasn't looking out for them) but just thought it was odd that instead of asking if Glenveagh was this way they went the awkward option of road numbers. The car was full too. 4 40+ year olds i'm guessing on a walking tour so maybe it was their fitness/walking/exercise lifestyle that got them militant style on directions etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

You should have said:

"Oh! You want the story for the 220.... Arsenal 3-0 Man City.. Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn .. Man U 2-1 Stoke"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Are you sure it wasn't a reference to the ol' clash of the ash, a game of two halves....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Or the 2.20 at Cheltenham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think if you google maps, it just says take a left on toe R220, etc.
    So if you just see a road name (or not, it IS Ireland after all).

You could be like wtf?

• Advertisement

Well it's 2:05 now. :pac:

Advertisement