Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnings Pub Westport

Options
  • 27-10-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭

Im heading down to Westport next week and my uncle told me about Dunnings Pub as a place to stay.has anyone stayed here before,there are 4 of us in our mid 20's looking for somewhere cheap as two of us are students .would it be a decent spot and does anyone know what the rates are,no mention on their site .I sent them an e-mail but have not recieved a reply yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Don't know the rates to be honest but I have never heard of any complaints about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

thanks for the reply.still waiting on a e-mail from dunnings.Will call tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Long established and popular pub and B and B. Very central. Perhaps you should phone them for a rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

If you are looking for a cheap option try the Old Mill Hostel just down the street from Dunnings. It shouldn't cost too much per person for a room for 4. Dunnings is a lively spot, I've been in the pub but not in the B&B.

http://www.oldmillhostel.com/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

ya cant go wrong with dunnings its not dear good breakfast and the rooms are grand if ur fussy. have waited there a good few times when out in westport. i will give one important bit of advice do not upset da owner!!

• Advertisement

ronaldo84 wrote: »
    ya cant go wrong with dunnings its not dear good breakfast and the rooms are grand if ur fussy. have waited there a good few times when out in westport. i will give one important bit of advice do not upset da owner!!

Whats the story with the owner??I hope its not one of these spots where your treated like your a kid staying in your aunties house,them asking you a hundred questions everytime you pass through the front door.it's the one thing that puts me off staying in b&b/guesthouses,none of that BS in hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

no he just has a short temper!! dont act da bollax and ur fine!! sound people and all no questions. good craic down in der pub!!

ah sound ,cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wanted2011

Hi, really interested to know if you stayed in Dunnings? What did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

wanted2011 wrote: »
    Hi, really interested to know if you stayed in Dunnings? What did you think?

And how is the owner feeling???

• Advertisement

Apparently he isn't the owner, he only works there now. Yet his photo is on the internet as such. All complaints, therfore, should be directed at thin air!

wanted2011 wrote: »

Apparently he isn't the owner now. He only works there!

Advertisement