Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT UK SEP 2010 RESULTS

Options
  • 27-10-2010 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

HEY GUYS,

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN GAMSAT UK SEP 2010 RESULTS ARE COMING OUT?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Malbec

It says on GAMSAT UK website that they'll be out mid Nov.
    Last year test was on 18th Sept and results were out 6th Nov, that's 7 weeks.

Hopefully this year is similar. 6 weeks tomorrow!!

Anyone else feeling delayed post exam blues?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Well that's annoying. 7 weeks for last year's UK. 7 weeks for this year's Ireland, but apparently 8 weeks this time around. Jesus i don't want to have to go through this again between March and May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cece

I hear ya! I was sick with nerves the last few days.... and then nothing!!! This is my second try at Gamsat and dont have a great feeling about it to be honest....best of luck to everyone, only a week to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

Good luck everyone. As painful as GAMSAT is, it's worth it!

• Advertisement

Results will be released in the next week or so, as soon as an exact date is decided it will be advertised on the website.

-From mail sent by ACER today.

"Results will be available after 17th Nov 2010.

The GAMSAT UK Office will email you and information will be available on the website when they are out."

Just up on the GAMSAT results page when you enter your info.

If this is true I'll be so pissed off. Tomorrow morning I'll be in Paris which will be awkward enough, but next week I'm in ****ing Cuba. Getting online in Cuba to check scores... good luck.

Some straws to clutch at though... apparently last year the same sort of message appeared. And then it changed to "Results will be available after the current day (Friday). And then they just released the results on that same Friday. Very bizarre.

Let's get them tomorrow though and let's make them good...

7 hours 30 mins to go :D:o

Major grrrrrrrrrr.

The 17th is next wk!!!!!

Section I

The results will be out in 6-8 weeks

________

1. When will the results be out?

(a) Never
    (b) Between 6-8 weeks
    (c) Both (a) and (b)
    (d) It's impossible to know from the information given

This is classic:

"Results will be available after 22nd Nov 2010.

The GAMSAT UK Office will email you and information will be available on the website when they are out."

So 10 weeks then...

In fairness though, it does kind of point to them coming out tomorrow. Someone is working in the GAMSAT office. They're not working very well, or else they're in there to typify the GAMSAT process by just messing us around completely, but at least they're in there.

I'm waiting for my 4am email...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tifftastic

Do the dudes in the GAMSAT orifice (typo?) work overtime? Think it's time for them to hang up their surfboards and get our results sorted....after all, it cost us a lot of money to sit the exam and 8 weeks are up!

Ho hum, on with the email checking OCD ;)

Good luck to all x

It has now changed to 22nd Nov.....gggrrrrr

To add insult to injury it says after 22nd November..........I love the vagueness of their communication; the last email (last Tues) said the results will be available in the next week or so......how long is a 'so'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 angryman1

this is a farce! How many other examining bodies change the release date? what have they got to wait on? a man building broadband all the way to australia?? I think if everyone writes angry letters then they will take the complaint more serious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 girl.in.a.cage

I think it's pretty unprofessional on ACER's part.
    We paid a good sum of money to sit this exam, so it's not exactly unreasonable for us to want a definite results date.

I've just sent this to gamsatuk@acer.edu.au (it probably won't make any difference but it's worth a try:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to express my discontent at the way in which the results for the September 2010 candidates are being handled.

Prior to the exam we were informed that the results would be available within between 6 and 8 weeks. It is now 8 weeks to the day since the exam and there is no sign of them.

My main issue is with the lack of communication from GAMSATUK with the exception of a vague email last Tuesday stating that the results 'should be available in the next week or so'. This is neither informative nor acceptable.

Thousands of hopeful candidates have invested a great deal of time, emotion and energy into sitting this exam. In addition to that, it costs the best part of £200 to enrol. Those people, myself included, have not entered into this lightly, and deserve the respect from GAMSATUK at the very least to keep us informed as to when our results will be available.

Being a seconday school teacher, I know of no other exam board that gives no definite date for release of results and subsequently leaves the candidates in the dark at an already stressful time.

I would urge GAMSATUK to reconsider their position with respect to the above and to remember that there are human beings attached to the candidate numbers on the database before them who deserve to be treated fairly.

Yours,

Even if it helps next years candidates it's probably a good idea if plenty of people complain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 girl.in.a.cage

Tifftastic wrote: »
    I've just sent this to gamsatuk@acer.edu.au (it probably won't make any difference but it's worth a try:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to express my discontent ...

Nicely done. Let us know if you get any sort of proper response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

What are you all getting your knickers in a twist about? I'm sure 99.9% of you are applying to the UK and Ireland and there are no due dates soon. Whether results comes out 9 rather than 8 weeks after the exam does this really make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Molly_88

What are you all getting your knickers in a twist about? I'm sure 99.9% of you are applying to the UK and Ireland and there are no due dates soon. Whether results comes out 9 rather than 8 weeks after the exam does this really make a difference.

to answer this-yes yes it does and I dont think im alone in thinking this.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sehs527

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to express my discontent at the way in which the results for the September 2010 candidates are being handled.

Prior to the exam we were informed that the results would be available within between 6 and 8 weeks. It is now 8 weeks to the day since the exam and there is no sign of them.

My main issue is with the lack of communication from GAMSATUK with the exception of a vague email last Tuesday stating that the results 'should be available in the next week or so'. This is neither informative nor acceptable.

Thousands of hopeful candidates have invested a great deal of time, emotion and energy into sitting this exam. In addition to that, it costs the best part of £200 to enrol. Those people, myself included, have not entered into this lightly, and deserve the respect from GAMSATUK at the very least to keep us informed as to when our results will be available.

Being a seconday school teacher, I know of no other exam board that gives no definite date for release of results and subsequently leaves the candidates in the dark at an already stressful time.

I would urge GAMSATUK to reconsider their position with respect to the above and to remember that there are human beings attached to the candidate numbers on the database before them who deserve to be treated fairly.

Yours,

Even if it helps next years candidates it's probably a good idea if plenty of people complain :)

Molly_88 wrote: »
    to answer this-yes yes it does and I dont think im alone in thinking this.mad.gif

Hahaha these comments are so ridiculous, i cant stop laughing!! What's going to happen when a med school makes you wait after attending an interview? ...are you going to write a letter of complaint?! Jesus, get a grip. Receiving results in mid-Nov or end-Nov doesnt actually make a difference. There has been another increase in people doing the gamsat, therefore more paperwork to get through.

Not surprised you're a teacher. Why is it you all have this patronising way with people? I suppose its the classroom environment and you cant turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Molly_88

sehs527 wrote: »
    Hahaha these comments are so ridiculous, i cant stop laughing!! What's going to happen when a med school makes you wait after attending an interview? ...are you going to write a letter of complaint?! Jesus, get a grip. Receiving results in mid-Nov or end-Nov doesnt actually make a difference. There has been another increase in people doing the gamsat, therefore more paperwork to get through.

Not surprised you're a teacher. Why is it you all have this patronising way with people? I suppose its the classroom environment and you cant turn off.

well put it this way fairplay to any one who's not bothered by waiting extra for overdue results! really thats fine with me, more power to you! I dont talk to any one i know about gamsat and I dont know any1 doing it so boards.ie is a place to vent for me. I'm perfectly capable and well aware of the long wait ahead of me with the cao and Ive been through waiting for results b4 (Ive done my undergraduate degree). Just was alittle disappointed with the wait, is that a crime? Anyway itll b over soon, goodluck to everyone!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MLH1

Complaining about the wait is futile, the onlt thing that can be done at this stage is to make predictions. I am thinking for 55/56.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

MLH1 wrote: »
    Complaining about the wait is futile, the onlt thing that can be done at this stage is to make predictions. I am thinking for 55/56.

you better hope for higher or you wont get a sniff of med school next year!!that kind of score really wont cut the mustard!!

its a disgrace there is no set date for results of an exam, an interview is different! you dont pay for an interview, they are seeing if they want to invest in you! Gamsat is a service which sofar has been providing a below par standard and thats my 2 cents as a consumer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sehs527

angryman1 wrote: »
    Gamsat is a service

I never register with forums but since reading these laughable comments I had to. What are you like at christmas?

...Christmas is a service, I demand my presents precisely at 9am, otherwise it's a disgrace!

I never register with forums but since reading these laughable comments I had to. What are you like at christmas?

...Christmas is a service, I demand my presents precisely at 9am, otherwise it's a disgrace!

Hardly christmas is a time for reflection, family and to celebrate the birth of jesus it is not the commercial enterprise that you have adopted! Christmas is not a service you pay for! But Gamsat is a service and a poor one at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tcubed

What the hell has Christmas got to do with anything, what a ridiculous argument. I suppose if you bought a computer at PC World and it needed a repair and they kept you in the dark as to when it could be expected back you'd be more than accommodating and would not mind whatsoever. Get real, you've paid for a service and you should receive better communications. That's all it takes, an email to inform us look, here's a rough date, we're delayed for some reason or another, sorry about our initial estimate being off, but please be patient and we'll get them out hopefully by this date. I personally don't mind waiting for my results but the sentiments expressed by some members here who can't understand what the grievance is seems ridiculous to me.

/end rant

well lets see how they got on in interview with the empathy and understanding that they have shown here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭chilloutman

Dear Sir/Madam

Yours,

well said my good man its clownish carry on really

• Advertisement

Glad to have provided you with some entertainment! :D

Good use of punctuation by the way ;) (patronising wink)

p.s. The fact mere that you were checking this forum suggests that you are perhaps more concerned about when you will be receiving you results than you would like to admit.

Advertisement