Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold hot food

Options
  • 27-10-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips for hot cooked food that tastes just as good (or even better) when cold? Disregarding the usual "sunday roast in a sambo" and the hopefully American-only predilection for cold Chinese and cold pizza, any food that you could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I think spaghetti bolognaise is lovely cold. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Most fish, e.g. salmon. Try with pasta, potato salad, etc.

Hams are also pretty tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Anything tomatoey - lasagne, curry, chilli, chorizo stew type thing. ALL taste better the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sausages - in a nice sausage sandwich! MMMMMMM! Haven't had that in ages actually...years!! must have it again someday...ah memories:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pan fried breaded chicken breast or does that count as Sunday lunch in a sarnie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Oh I forgot, BBQed chicken (I had some for my sambos today, nyoms) tastes GREAT the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Pasta bake. Cheesy, tomatoey ones. YUM!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

leahyl wrote: »
    sausages - in a nice sausage sandwich! MMMMMMM! Haven't had that in ages actually...years!! must have it again someday...ah memories:D
    How could I miss that one! Had one yesterday as it happens ... somehow I always manage to buy more sausages than required for a meal, so magically there are always some left over for me for lunch the next day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Lillylilly wrote: »
    Pasta bake. Cheesy, tomatoey ones. YUM!

Yeah, had leftover Pasta Bake with Chicken and Bacon yesterday and it was great. Although I heated up some Garlic Bread with it too.

Not big on cold dinners usually, but that worked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

In one of his books Nigel Slater remarks that there are few things nicer than raiding the fridge in the early hours of the morning and finding a cold sausage. He goes on to say that finding some cold gravy to dunk the sausage into is even better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

stews and a dublin coddle always taste better the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Chili absolutely tastes better the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,425 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

olaola wrote: »
    Anything tomatoey - lasagne, curry, chilli, chorizo stew type thing. ALL taste better the next day.
    Novella wrote: »
    Chili absolutely tastes better the next day.

They taste better the next day, but you still reheat them.

The thread is about food that tastes just as good when cold, not food that tastes good the next day.
    Did you miss that part or are you saying they taste better cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

White toast. I let it cool before I butter it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Frittata. Lovely cold with a salad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I like chicken korma cold the next day. Also beef or pork stroganoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The mexican take-away beside me does chicken caesar burrito which tastes twice as good cold the next day!

Advertisement