Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENruOrM01CQ

bf3 = hold down m1, get to da choppa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Playing tribes ascend theses days, very enjoyable

too slow for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Osmosae

there seems to be a few people talking about refresh rates with this monitor but nobody talking about lag..... maybe that means no problems with the lag, or surely some1 would have mentioned it ?

EDIT: I did find one person asking about the lag, but i think that was you tea ? Either way he/you didnt get a response :(

All I've managed to figure out is that there is a multi-input model (the normal one is just DVI-D) that has HDMI and possibly VGA which definitely has noticeable input lag because of its in-built scaler. Whether or not that means the others have nothing to be concerned about, I don't know.

• Advertisement

http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club/1000#post_16749714

pcb swap into the non-oc monitor has yielded results

desirability increased exponentially

edit

some info about response time testing here http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club/630_30#post_16712501 (scroll down)

edit2

AMD cards will only OC to 85 Hz because of an artificial 333 MHz pixel clock limitation ... Nvidia will go to 100 Hz because it goes all the way up to 400 MHz

fml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

85hz is nothing to be sniffed at, but an annoying limitation. I don't understand the input lag thing though. does that mean its good?

no idea, don't think the tests were conclusive :P

remember I was thinking of a new case awhile back

Found what iv been looking for

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/19/red-harbinger-puts-a-pc-in-your-desk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Headshot wrote: »
    remember I was thinking of a new case awhile back

Found what iv been looking for

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/19/red-harbinger-puts-a-pc-in-your-desk/

Want.
    Wonder what the price would be and if its possible to buy it without the components so I could just pop my own in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks like that fella on adverts with 6990s got huge success. 450eu a pop. In it really interesting that no one is even a bit suspicious about...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tdh

edit: how long does it usually take an order to come from hardwareversand once they have dispatched them. I normally dont get too excited about such things but I just really wanna set it up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

tdh wrote: »
    edit: how long does it usually take an order to come from hardwareversand once they have dispatched them. I normally dont get too excited about such things but I just really wanna set it up :D

A week roughly. Give or take a day.

Around 15 ms input lag on the mult-input model ... http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038503769#post1038503769

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

for a noob is that good or bad? :o

It's fine for normal gaming, wouldn't be great for esportsy kind of competitive players. But that is the multi-input which has more input lag than the normal model. If the multi is decent like that, it seems probable that the normal model would perform quite well indeed.

what ya think of this lads ?

No interest in it myself but I though someone here might be

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

• Advertisement

We should do a group buy here. I'll handle the money and order the monitors

May just be easier to piggyback on the OCN one, those guys probably have a better idea than us of how to get the best model and pricing.

if your not following the threads, a guy just managed to clock his monitor to 101hz on an AMD 6970. stay tuned.

if anyone is interested in the 100hz group buy, let me know, or vote on the pole in this thread. bare in mind if you have an AMD card youre limited to 85hz unless the RAMDAC can be safely OC'd.

Why do you want tempered glass?

so i am looking at getting one of these cool ass monitors :D but which one? id only need the single input so which is the best of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

I'll be taking a look at a cat leap later if anyone wants me to check anything.

somakasvh wrote: »
    I'll be taking a look at a cat leap later if anyone wants me to check anything.
    just how wobbly is the stand, and what do FPS games look like? any tearing, input lag or ghosting images?

Headshot, the tempered glass is just an aesthetic thing really. there are a few drawbacks of possible dust, and more glare if you play near a bright light or window, but it looks nicer. to get an idea, look at the iMac screens. it looks professional.

thanks for telling me Tea, even thou I didnt ask :p

• Advertisement

lol fail sorry.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    the tempered glass is just an aesthetic thing really. there are a few drawbacks of possible dust, and more glare if you play near a bright light or window, but it looks nicer. to get an idea, look at the iMac screens. it looks professional.

It might look professional on an iMac but most people on OCN that have gotten it say it looks quite cheap and have recommended against it.

So got a new mouse today, iv used Razor mice products in the past but never got this would you like to install this device software name Razor Razer device Publisher G-SPY Co, Ltd

Iv never heard of that G-SPY thing and sounds pretty dodgy

anyone know what this G-SPY thing is about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Lads this is a quick question so I'm not going to start a new thread for it.
    I need 2 x 2TB hard drives, but I don't know which brand is reliable or even where's the cheapest to buy them, any help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Samsung Spinpoints. I have two of the 2TB drives myself, and they're excellent. Very quiet, and decently quick too, for 5400RPM drives. Dabs have them for around €115, IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Sapphire Radeon 7870 €249 @HWVS

Sounds unbelieveable, right?! I know their prices are good but thats crazy.

Too bad its a typo :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Baza210 wrote: »

What's the story with those monitors and Irish customs and import duties and that?:cool:

No idea... that's what I'm afraid of :(

just how wobbly is the stand, and what do FPS games look like? any tearing, input lag or ghosting images?

Stand is basic, comparably in sturdiness to a cheap 1080p monitor (i.e. not very but does the job).
    0 dead pixels.
    Wasn't really sure how to test input lag or ghosting. Dragging the mouse cursor across a white background causes it to lose sharpness and slightly blur but doesn't leave a trail.
    Tearing is visible with high montion in BF3 with Vsync disabled, but doesn't this happen with all LCDs?
    I didn't touch the default refresh rate.
    What's the story with those monitors and Irish customs and import duties and that?:cool:

Monitor was marked with a $30 value so no VAT due.

Stand is basic, comparably in sturdiness to a cheap 1080p monitor (i.e. not very but does the job).
    0 dead pixels.
    Wasn't really sure how to test input lag or ghosting. Dragging the mouse cursor across a white background causes it to lose sharpness and slightly blur but doesn't leave a trail.
    Tearing is visible with high montion in BF3 with Vsync disabled, but doesn't this happen with all LCDs?
    I didn't touch the default refresh rate.

Monitor was marked with a $30 value so no VAT due.
    What card were you using it with?
    Tearing isnt something ive ever experienced on any 1080p monitors ive used.

if you dont have v sync on tearing does tend to happen a fair amount of the time with lcd's

• Advertisement

Which seller did you order from?

What card were you using it with?
    Tearing isnt something ive ever experienced on any 1080p monitors ive used.

It wasn't particularly bad - only visible when there was rapid horizonal motion. And my brother couldn't see it when I explained what I was looking for.
    Which seller did you order from?

I think he got it from dream-seller.

What delivery service? Thought the couriers were usually on top of that kind of thing.

What delivery service? Thought the couriers were usually on top of that kind of thing.

Box was labelled EMS. I'm not sure what delivery service it was handed off to here though.

Box was labelled EMS. I'm not sure what delivery service it was handed off to here though.
    how long did it take to get here?

The group buy is looking to take 6-10 weeks, and i dont have that much time unless i use my old 19" 4:3 1024p monitor for a few weeks... not gonna happen.

im going to place an order in tomorrow for a catleap.

how long did it take to get here?

1 week.

€280 from dream-seller now... so damn tempted, but I think I'll hang on to see what pans out with the OCN group buy thing (although it will probably never happen).

lads, is there much difference between VGA and dvi/hdmi connection in terms of visual quality? my main monitos is still on VGA :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yes! Move to DVI now!

Maybe it's just me having a bad VGA cable or something, but everything looks blurry when using VGA. It reminds me of using a CRT monitor, or an old TV or something. DVI will give you pixel-per-pixel accuracy.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Yes! Move to DVI now!

Maybe it's just me having a bad VGA cable or something, but everything looks blurry when using VGA. It reminds me of using a CRT monitor, or an old TV or something. DVI will give you pixel-per-pixel accuracy.

so maybe there is a point going new monitor... :rolleyes:

*i bet i have already pissed you all off lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement