Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Anyone following these Steam OS announcements? I've been tempted to either pick up an Apple TV or build a small media centre for streaming and such, but the idea of running Steam OS is kind of pushing me toward a build.
    The Steam Box specs and price haven't been released yet, but unless it's in the €100-200 bracket, it might be just as handy to build your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Catzilla got its official release today ! :D

Think its one to add to my test suite along with Valley

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My mouse has been starting to go on me since Monday. I thought the Dota 2 patch was bugged but nope, confirmed yesterday that single clicking sometimes double clicks :(

Anyone recommend a mouse around 50 euro with a weighted system on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

My mouse has been starting to go on me since Monday. I thought the Dota 2 patch was bugged but nope, confirmed yesterday that single clicking sometimes double clicks :(

Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Nolars wrote: »

Class lmao :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Anyone else have a Sharkoon Drakonia?

The piece of software that allows you to change the mapping of the buttons doesn't seem to work.
    There's two buttons that nestle under your thumb that are equivalent to the "back" and "forward" button on a web browser.

So obviously I constantly press them accidentally when I'm in the middle of a post and lose what I typed.

Anyone else have any experience of getting it to work properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Nolars wrote: »

Class. made me think of this one:

Gbear wrote: »
    Anyone else have a Sharkoon Drakonia?

The piece of software that allows you to change the mapping of the buttons doesn't seem to work.
    There's two buttons that nestle under your thumb that are equivalent to the "back" and "forward" button on a web browser.

So obviously I constantly press them accidentally when I'm in the middle of a post and lose what I typed.

Anyone else have any experience of getting it to work properly?

Why would you remap those buttons. I love having back and forward on the mouse. It's like a gun. You don't keep your finger on the trigger. There is a grove below the buttons for your thumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I know it does not have fancy weigh options, but DeathAdder is still best mouse out there. Simple and does everything that needs. If my deathadder would kick the bucket, I would just order one more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

what were you using up to now?

the weight system has died apart from the G500(s).

BloodBath wrote: »
    Why would you remap those buttons. I love having back and forward on the mouse. It's like a gun. You don't keep your finger on the trigger. There is a grove below the buttons for your thumb.

My thumb overlaps onto the buttons.

I use backspace if I want to go back.

I know it does not have fancy weigh options, but DeathAdder is still best mouse out there. Simple and does everything that needs. If my deathadder would kick the bucket, I would just order one more.

Half the mouse of the Perixx for twice the price. No weights, no dpi changing ability on the fly. That's very poor for a €60 mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Ordered Perixx MX-3000B and MX-3000R few days ago together with some generic Perixx pads, gonna arrive monday. Have really high expectations for these, reading only good things. Didn't go with mx-2000 because the LED is covered by the palm, I know most people don't care about aesthetics, but still...
    Sucks there isn't video showing the red one anywhere, might upload it myself then side by side.

Half the mouse of the Perixx for twice the price. No weights, no dpi changing ability on the fly. That's very poor for a €60 mouse.

You can change dpi... Weight... I had mouse with that option and it was useless thing. I cant comment on 2013 version, which is more expensive, but previuos one was less then 60eu when I bought it.

In the end of the day, it is perfect, simple mouse, which just works. There is a reason why deathAdder is still in the market and being updated. Mostly mouses are just done once and manufacturers move on with new shiny thing.

You have to use software to change the dpi. Any decent mouse has 3-5 presets with buttons to switch between them on the mouse.

Even cheap ass €10 mice have on the fly dpi changing.

Razer products are overrated and overpriced. Advertising works wonders.

I've had this issue for a while now and have learned to deal with it rather than try to fix it.

I have my 7970 overclocked to 1150/6000 with MSI afterburner. If my pc goes into standby or I just don't run any 3d applications for a while my voltage seems to reset to the default and afterburner doesn't reapply it's settings automatically so I constantly have to do it manually.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it?

I wish you could edit one of the cards bios' like you could with the older cards so I don't have to use software at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

NTMK wrote: »
    what were you using up to now?

the weight system has died apart from the G500(s).

I'm using exactly that and it's borked :P

I love my heavy mice, I've been using weighted mice for years now (bar one which I got rid of after a month).

I've had this issue for a while now and have learned to deal with it rather than try to fix it.

I have my 7970 overclocked to 1150/6000 with MSI afterburner. If my pc goes into standby or I just don't run any 3d applications for a while my voltage seems to reset to the default and afterburner doesn't reapply it's settings automatically so I constantly have to do it manually.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it?

I wish you could edit one of the cards bios' like you could with the older cards so I don't have to use software at all.

There are modded bios's out the to that may be posible to edit.Not worth it tho imo.
    I stopped using it as it messed with the default clocks (sapphire 7970).Must have been in the registry as it took a fresh windows install to fix it.

I use Trixx now and have no probs with it.
    You could try a earlier version of AB too as the latest is a beta .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Nope I'm a huge fan of Razer and their products , My last purchase from them was the Megalodon Headset and its brilliant . It's the most comfortable headset I have ever owned and it was well worth the money .

• Advertisement

I'm not doubting that they make quality products but so do lot's of companies.

The mark up in price is from the extensive advertising that they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭The Golden Teapot

Anyone got one of the generique Hd 7870 cards from pixmania yet? Just trying to find out the maker before i order. Seems a bargain for €149 delivered!! http://www.pixmania.ie/graphics-card/generique-radeon-hd-7870-oem-2-gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-amd-7870/16225950-a.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I'd use Trixx Bloodbath, it's great. Only problem is when you're benching and you have Trixx window highlighted it halves your FPS lol.

I have a heavily modded Trixx version which allows me memory voltage control, and very high clocks (1400/2100 I think) etc. never had any problems with it, had a few with MSI.

I'm not doubting that they make quality products but so do lot's of companies.

The mark up in price is from the extensive advertising that they do.

I have deathadder not because its Razer, I got it because its Deathadder. I dont know about marketing, but I havent seen a single add for deathadder anywhere... just saying...
    I got it because of recomendations on forums ( this including ) and some youtubers using it. Good reviews for product it self helped too.
    Its a fantastic mouse, but ignoring it just because it is Some big brand is silly in my eyes. If you got alternative product you like, fair play, that does not mean this particular product is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Here's a tricky question

You ring up a Irish based company call center and a foreigner who you cant barely understand tried to help you, would it be bad to ask to transfer your call to a Irish agent?

Headshot wrote: »
    Here's a tricky question

You ring up a Irish based company call center and a foreigner who you cant barely understand tried to help you, would it be bad to ask to transfer your call to a Irish agent?

No.

If they can't communicate with you they're not doing their job and you're well within your rights to be transferred someone who can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You have to use software to change the dpi. Any decent mouse has 3-5 presets with buttons to switch between them on the mouse.

Even cheap ass €10 mice have on the fly dpi changing.

I used to agree with you. And still do to an extent. I look at some of the media Razer put out and just cringe.

DeathAdder is still the best mouse I've used though.
    Mantis is still the best mousemat I've used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Here's a tricky question

You can try, but often more than half the agents are foreign with poor english sadly enough. Just hang up and dial again till you get somebody competent.

Well, that's us out of a job...

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Well, that's us out of a job...

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

I found that helped me quite a bit to begin my build, but them came here to fine tune ;)

Here's a tricky question

Ah come on now, the Cork accent isn't that bad..

Fair enough. I'll shut up before I incur the wrath of more deathadder users. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Here's a tricky question

I honestly really hate that kind of thing . If it's a European call center then they should have seperate numbers for each country to call so you get put onto someone who can speak your laungague natively .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

What about us from down the country that can't understand Jackeens? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Do fedex deliver on saturday? Waiting on monitor from korea and im startin to get a bit impatient!!

Its in dublin (since the morning of the 27th) was marked as import and went to import centre but was cleared by 11am and was in a local fedex facility on the 27th jus hoping they do deliver saturday cause ill be there

• Advertisement

In my experience, few couriers deliver/collect on a Saturday. You might want to ring, you could always collect from their depot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

New Evo drives have similar performance to Pro, bit cheaper, too.

• Advertisement

maybe i should have got an evo but either way im happy out with my 840 basic since i got it cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

NTMK wrote: »
    maybe i should have got an evo but either way im happy out with my 840 basic since i got it cheap

I'm quite happy with mine. If I ever needed to replace it EVO would be my option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

lazlo wrote: »
    Everything's coming up Hitler
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86770833&postcount=511

Wtf lazlo?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

keep-calm-and-ban-hammer.png

Im starting to like the razer naga more and more the 12 side buttons are actually useful

edit: also how the **** did Argentines get my really old email address because they keep trying to brute force my itunes account and apple constantly send me emails about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Does anyone have a 970 extreme 3?

I got one recently for my new build and it's been nothing but headaches. Took me hours yesterday to get it working, was getting various boot errors, blue screens, and a load of other issues - same hardware as my last build apart from the board and cpu. Now I've discovered the USB3 header doesn't seem to work! :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement