Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Internet and a home network

Options
  • 27-10-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey

Have vodafone got some restrictions on connection sharing on a private home network?

Basiclly i have a USB Dongle jobbie which i tried to share on my server. On the server, the connection is shared, i have my local area network working fine that connects to the server... yet another node cannot get onto the internet for some reason.

I mean, its a bog standard, meat and two veg network that worked previously in another location, the only difference is that its a USB dongle for the connection now...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

are you trying to connect to other PC via LAN cable or wireless??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

USB Dongle -> Server -> hub -> node

All cat5.

When you say server, you mean PC??

Where the dongle connected??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

USB Key is in a USB slot on the server (PC). That connection is shared, but noone on the network can get access.

can you ping the server from other PC without internet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement