Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Farmleigh Fellowship

• 27-10-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

So I just got invited to interview for the Farmleigh Fellowship programme, so I have some serious research to do :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭scarface22

Well done mate! I got called as well

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

Just booked a slot on Friday, am away all week. Any more details on it, haven't looked at it too much yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

i booked the interview for thursday this week. anybody know if its just going to be a competency questions based interview or what?

the presentation should be straight-forward enough, just about showing confidence since you can't really get in-depth into geo-political challenges facing SME's exporting to Asia...

Any feedback from anyone that's gone in for the interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

No feedback from anyone!! I'm in tomorrow, just getting some last minute details for the presentation. I'm really just looking forward to the experience tomorrow, not expecting much after that but sure hey; it's all new:)

Best of luck to everyone!

• Advertisement

No feedback from anyone!! I'm in tomorrow, just getting some last minute details for the presentation. I'm really just looking forward to the experience tomorrow, not expecting much after that but sure hey; it's all new:)

Best of luck to everyone!
    0 feedback, wonder how much competition there is. I was in for the G4IG interviews a few weeks back, was defo an enjoyable experience even with a negative outcome. The presentation was a similar style and structure and they were very strict on time, so I'd say watch out for that. Rivers above is in tomorrow too.

I've mine Friday so feel free to post any comments/reaction, but Clikity/Rivers the very best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Think people are just not posting on here about it. It would be giving another candidate an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazydiamond87

I'm going Friday too...should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Well I'll let yez know how I got on tomorrow! Give the Friday peeps something of an idea. I'm not too worried about competition...:cool:

As in I'm NOT competition so I have nothing to lose lol!

Well I'll let yez know how I got on tomorrow! Give the Friday peeps something of an idea. I'm not too worried about competition...:cool:

As in I'm NOT competition so I have nothing to lose lol!

Why are you giving them information? No need for it and it is actaully very unprofessional. Why don't you just PM them.

• Advertisement

Wow seems like there's a lot of us on tomorrow. I'm there in the afternoon. Anyone know is there a luas line/bus from city centre?

scarface22 wrote: »
    Wow seems like there's a lot of us on tomorrow. I'm there in the afternoon. Anyone know is there a luas line/bus from city centre?
    Green line from Stephens Green to Balally, 10 minutes walk from there

http://www.imi.ie/FNS/info_article/how-to-find-us.aspx

Mike Tyson wrote: »
    Green line from Stephens Green to Balally, 10 minutes walk from there

http://www.imi.ie/FNS/info_article/how-to-find-us.aspx

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Rock of Gibraltar

I was in on wednesday. It was actually really relaxed, very friendly atmosphere.
    Donagh (the organiser) is brilliant, very helpful.

The interview is a little unusual as there is one academic and one business person interviewing and they, in my case anyway, were on different wavelengths so you're taking questions from two different viewpoints on the fellowship.
    The business person was all about marketing, how would you do this, etc
    The academic asked more macro/political/economic/current affairs style questions.

But it was never very grilling, more like they were trying to gauge my opinion on things.

Also I heard there are 25 places and 100 people were called to interview.

Yea same as the above post. The interview was quite informal and relaxed. I didnt get any competency questions, but i know some of the others did. there were 3 different interview rooms with 2 interviewers in each (one from UCC and one from 'industry').

Donagh expanded a bit on what the fellowship would actually involve in terms of the project we would be required to do (most would be Singapore-based with travelling required for some), living costs etc.

be prepared to wait a while before the interview. I was 3rd last getting interviewed and was waiting nearly 3 hours...

rivers wrote: »
    Yea same as the above post. The interview was quite informal and relaxed. I didnt get any competency questions, but i know some of the others did. there were 3 different interview rooms with 2 interviewers in each (one from UCC and one from 'industry').

Donagh expanded a bit on what the fellowship would actually involve in terms of the project we would be required to do (most would be Singapore-based with travelling required for some), living costs etc.

be prepared to wait a while before the interview. I was 3rd last getting interviewed and was waiting nearly 3 hours...
    All good today, straightforward. Everyone seemed to come out fairly positive.

To anyone wondering Donagh said maybe 30% of applicants got to interview stage (initially said 50% but went back).

Cheers to anyone that posted comments about the day. Today was the last interview session and should hear back by Tues/Wed of next week apparently

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet?

not a thing! got a voice message from what i thought was UCC yesterday, turned out to be UPC looking a bill to be paid!

Haha!They said Tuesday or Wednesday..I keep checkin my email every 5mins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MagicFred

I have been doing something similar, checking regularly but nothing. I take it no one else has heard anything?

Not very professional of them to say they would contact us on a certain day and then not, with good or bad news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Justice_Thumbs

Ne1 else heard anything??! :(

Nothing...very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

This is bizarre. No contact as of yet.

Has anyone been in contact with them by any chance?

I'm gonna wait til Monday and then maybe email them.
    Very bizarre!

still no word...been trying to take my mind off it in any way i can, even by watching shi*te like 'fade street'. ah the agony!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

Maybe they have accumulated the development ideas pitched in the presentations for their own use and legged it.

Waiting for the budget? Has it been pulled?

I got a call off them on Wednesday...

NickDrake wrote: »
    Waiting for the budget? Has it been pulled?
    Haven't heard anything either; asked could Budget cuts affect the program when I was there and was told they wouldn't have any effect. The companies themselves are putting up the majority of the money (€15,000 of 20).

Haha Fade St was quality Rivers. Comedy gold, Gift Grub meets the Hills

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MagicFred

scarface22 wrote: »
    I got a call off them on Wednesday...

Hi, do you mind if I ask if you were successful or not?

Advertisement