Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Farmleigh Fellowship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

scarface22 wrote: »
    I got a call off them on Wednesday...

Good or bad news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MagicFred

Ok I just called them to ask. They said they hadn't sent out anything to anyone yet and would be in touch early next week, Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

MagicFred wrote: »
    Ok I just called them to ask. They said they hadn't sent out anything to anyone yet and would be in touch early next week, Monday or Tuesday.
    Lovely cheers for that, was getting curious myself

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Email this morning says they'll be in touch with everyone by the end of the week....

• Advertisement

I got a call off them on Wednesday...

A call to let you know where you stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭scarface22

Mike Tyson wrote: »
    A call to let you know where you stand?

Yeah I am interviewing with a company at the end of this week. I think details of everyone else's interview(s) will be sent out today or tomorrow.

Yeah I am interviewing with a company at the end of this week. I think details of everyone else's interview(s) will be sent out today or tomorrow.
    Ok good stuff fair play.

Here's hoping they don't have the positions all set and mean they will be in contact with everyone else to let them know they haven't been successful..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazydiamond87

Didn't they say they hadn't been in touch with anyone?

Didn't they say they hadn't been in touch with anyone?
    Scarface got a call last Wed..?

• Advertisement

MagicFred wrote: »

I'm confused...

Know where you're coming from CrazyDiamond. Scarface was contacted last week (so at least 1 person has been). Fingers crossed that that was a 1 off or at least the minority, and that those that haven't heard anything can still hear good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mimms87

Got an email just there saying 'Congratulations on being selected for the next stage of the Farmleigh Fellowship. Your details have now been passed to a Farmleigh Fellowship partner company and it is up to them to get in touch with you directly to arrange an interview.'

So looks like a wait until they get in touch

Just received the same. Apart from Scarface has anyone heard from companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

Yea just got the same mail as above. no word from any companies yet though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mimms87

Scarface is full of sh*t. I rang them yesterday and they told me no one had heard and wouldn't be hearing until today or tomorrow with the partner companies getting in touch further down the line.

mimms87 wrote: »
    Scarface is full of sh*t. I rang them yesterday and they told me no one had heard and wouldn't be hearing until today or tomorrow with the partner companies getting in touch further down the line.

I thought so!

Just back from the interview there. I was put through my paces!

mimms87 wrote: »

Full of ****? Ummm no... I was contacted and was interviewed today.

hey Scarface, can you tell us which company you interviewed for? what was the interview like? competency based or more about your experience etc.? did they give you any kind of indication as to what the 'project' would be about? i'm not trying to catch you out or anything just really interested to know how it went!

• Advertisement

Yeah interested too Scarface, just straight up interview?

Any other details of where the program is at this stage?

Yeah interested too Scarface, just straight up interview?

Any other details of where the program is at this stage?

It was a tough interview. Not really the usual..."Can you give me an example of a time you showed leadership/teamwork/organisational skills?". Instead the interviewers really dug into my CV and asked pretty in-depth questions and asked why I made certain decisions in my career on a general level and also in some very specific instances.

I was also given hypothetical scenarios and problems that I could run into when on placement and asked to offer solutions. The interviewers sometimes challenged or attempted to pick holes in my suggestions and I had to then further justify them.

I think it would be unwise of me to specify the name of the company here but I would be happy to answer questions over private mail if you'd like
    rivers wrote: »
    hey Scarface, can you tell us which company you interviewed for? what was the interview like? competency based or more about your experience etc.? did they give you any kind of indication as to what the 'project' would be about? i'm not trying to catch you out or anything just really interested to know how it went!

It was a tough interview. Not really the usual..."Can you give me an example of a time you showed leadership/teamwork/organisational skills?". Instead the interviewers really dug into my CV and asked pretty in-depth questions and asked why I made certain decisions in my career on a general level and also in some very specific instances.

I was also given hypothetical scenarios and problems that I could run into when on placement and asked to offer solutions. The interviewers sometimes challenged or attempted to pick holes in my suggestions and I had to then further justify them.
    That's great cheers, sounded grilling alright. I'd say this next stage could vary depending on company then?. Any idea how many were being interviewed for the position

That's great cheers, sounded grilling alright. I'd say this next stage could vary depending on company then?. Any idea how many were being interviewed for the position

No idea. There are two of us going for that position but I'm not really sure you can extrapolate from that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MagicFred

So I heard from a company today to arrange an interview, a little confused as to why they have matched me to this company. Just wondering if everyone is happy with who they have been matched with:

- As in did you specifically request to apply for that company?
    - Can you see the logic behind why you have been matched up?
    - Is it totally random?

I've been contacted by one company so far and yes, I'd say it has to do with my experience and er, skills, that i was recommended to that particular company. I know because I remember Donagh saying that this company was interested in people with a particular background and experience...

but might not be the same for everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Got through to the last stage, but still haven't been contacted by my company (got the email saying I got through last wed). I really hope they get back to me soon cause its driving me crazy. Also wish they'd just told me what company I've been paired with in the first place, I mean would that have been so hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 UnoMomento

Hey everyone, first time on boards.ie but have been looking for info on this fellowship - had an interview yesterday with one of the Farmleigh companies and have been offered a place on the programme - my question is; does anyone have any information about how much the year will cost me as a candidate and also does anyone have an opinion about the programme in general...good, bad, indifferent, waste of time, worthwhile!?

I have until Tuesday to make a decision I think so any contribution you could make would be great!

• Advertisement

well its hard to say to be honest. This is the first year its been on so as for the benefits you would get from it, thats unclear. If you want to be involved in Asian business in the future, i'm sure the Masters in Asian Business would be very beneficial and the network contacts you could make on this would also be good for the future i would think.

As for the costs...Donagh had a chat with us about accomodation , and he said that you would be paying around 350-500 euro per month for an apartment depending on the condition, sharing etc. Food would be slightly cheaper than Ireland. So in other words it won't be cheap.

what does the position you were offered involve? I was told that some projects could be completed within Singapore, whereas for others you would be required to travel to various Asian countries.

Would you mind telling us how the interview went also and what kind of questions were asked etc.

cheers

Advertisement