Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Farmleigh Fellowship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Andrea53

I asked in my interview and they said that perminent places were most likely offered in the location that you worked. I agree, a few months in any place would be a great experience but commiting a few years of your life is a whole different story. Like you said though all we can do is wait it out and see what happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I'm sure it was only 20 places available too. Here's hoping the companies start inviting candidates for interviews soon so people have the chance to set themselves up in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sandyk

I got the email to take the online tests day before and later another email stating that it was sent in error.
    I am working in full-time and am very impressed by the structure of the MBS program. I appreciate if we all put in our current status, experiences and pros & cons of taking MBS opportunity by leaving a full time well paid job. I am a Senior Consultant in IT and having around 8+ years of experience. I am an aspirant of Management qualification but the cost of doing say an MBA is too high for me so when I saw this opportunity I felt it has both the management education and practical experience which would add value to my career in terms of management/ business learning and knowledge (PROS). As cons I would say no pay for next 12 months at least, Leaving well paid full-time job, uncertainty of job post MBS program completion, Is it right at this time for me or is it too late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Andrea53

Im 26, have a masters and a degree behind me. I've been in my current job for a year. The big plus for me is the opportunity to work in Singapore full time after the completion of the course. From what I have heard, the pay, lifestyle and work environment are all vastly superiour there than in Ireland. The experience is secondary to me since I already have a masters and foreign work experience.
    The main minus is the cost of the year without pay and the chance that a job wont be offered afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tim_2011

Hi Guys,
    I received the same emails last week which were sent out in error. Has anyone heard anything back from a prospective sponsor company? Im also interested to know if anyone has an idea of course hours in UCC? i asked about this at the interview but the information wasnt available at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TheDiscoSpider

I haven't heard anything, no. Thinking about it though it has only been 6 working days since I was notified so, while it seems like an age, it really isn't that long. Considering that some guys I know on the G4IG programme still haven't got anything and they were at this stage at the end of September. That's a form of torture in my opinion.

Any updates yet? did anyone get company interview invites?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ziggy*Dust

I know that at least one company got in touch with candidates on Monday - but not sure how many people they are interviewing. I would imagine that all companies should be interviewing next week at the latest - but who knows!!?

Hi All,
    I believe that some participants last year were not contacted until December so dont lose out hope yet. It does leave timing tight for people. Ill post back if i hear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Keen15

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you an update. I was contact last Thursday by one of the companies, who said they wanted to arrange an interview for this week.

I wouldn't be discouraged if you haven't heard back yet though, as I am currently based in London and they wanted to arrange one this week in London. I'm having that interview tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes.

Best of luck to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Good luck Keen15!

Been completely silent for me but I live in hope!

Good Luck to those called for interview. Still nothing for me. It has felt like a long fortnight!

trying to focus on other things and just take the chance when I get it :cool:

How did the interview go for those who had been interviewed this week? Any offers yet?

Did anyone received calls from the company?

I did not hear anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 igmuel

Hey everyone,

I have been accepted to the final round but have not heard since.

Here is what I know, around 150 made it to interview in cork, 20 places are currently available from 15 companies. It seems at least one company has contacted people for interview.

Its a waiting game now, which isn't my style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Keen15

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that following my interview last week, the company got in touch yesterday to offer me a position on the fellowship. I've now accepted and am waiting to receive information from the fellowship itself regarding how everything now progresses.

Has anyone else heard back yet? Any final interviews set up?

I'm obviously looking forward to January now, so hope to meet some of you then!

Cheers

Any chance you can name the company? or even the area of work?

Congratulations Keen.

I heard from Donagh asking a question re my cv and during which he mentioned that the process was continuing and that a company (didn't mention which) were interested in interviewing me. Apart from that it's been very quiet.

Would love to hear more success stories if anyone has them.

Best of luck guys!

Heard nothing yet. Would hope to get some sort of contact within the next ten days! Has anyone been in touch with Donagh directly?

Hi All,
    I havent heard anything either. I emailed farmleigh on monday to ask if they had a deadline by which they wanted to have all places filled (hoping this would give an indication if those of us who havent heard anything yet are out of the running) i havent received anything back as yet. If i do ill be sure to share it with everyone here.
    fingers crossed for everyone here,

Hey everyone,

Just got a message from Donagh saying my profile has been sent on to one company (he didn't specify), and that I should hear back early next week.

I presume I was contacted because I started emailing them, for Donagh details. I also presume everyone's profiles have gone to at least one company at this stage and that we will hear back next week.

Good Luck

• Advertisement

Any news/ updates on interviews and offers yet?

I havent heard anything since the email which stated that I was shortlisted for the second round and that the companies interested in my profile will contact in coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bogue87

So no word either this week. Have to say it doesn't look good! Has anybody else been called for interviews or accepted places?

I received a call from Donagh this morning offering me a place!

Well done Igmuel, with which company? When did you interview?

Surprisingly I did not have to interview, I will be working in real estate!

(not sure I can give more details)

I got an offer last week for the MBS 2012. I was interviewed by the sponsoring company prior to the offer.

I was offered a place this morning having been interviewed recently.

I accepted of course!

If anyone has questions on the fellowship into the future myself and other Fellows would be happy to take them.

Regards,
    Miguel

• Registered Users Posts: 3 An Dorn

Hi all,

I am looking to obtain a little more information about the programme.

I have read all of the testimonials from the programme participants of 2011 and 2012 which were most insightful indeed. However, I have one or two questions which I was hoping Miguel (or another programme graduate might be able to respond to).

I have spent time living in Asia before, embraced the experience and the cultural aspects and thoroughly enjoyed living there. However, due to personal commitments and personal preferences, I'm not sure if I would like to live there after the 9 months (if of course I were lucky enough to be selected). It's not that I don't love Asia and enjoy the culture immensely, it's more that I would prefer to raise a family closer to home. I would probably be prepared to do 1-2 yrs there after the programme but long term I would be thinking about locating closer to home. So, basically, what I'm trying to find out is if this course is specifically designed to set you up for a career and life living & working in Asia or if there is also scope for someone who would prefer to be based out of Europe.

Are the sponsor companies effectively grooming you for their Asian operations and to be based there long term?

My second query regards the general overall value of the MBS. What is the quality of the MBS? Is there much business content covered over the course of the year? How would it compare with another masters in the business field in terms of the business concepts and theory on the curriculum?

I know the above queries are a little vague but any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Ok firstly, thanks for getting in contact publically many others are mailing and then the content doesn’t get posted.

My opinion is that the founders see it as an opportunity for young people to get out here and experience Asia. I think they do hope we set up shop out this direction after, but there are a number of past Fellows working from home or other locations globally using the strengths of the course to further their careers.

I think it may hinder your chances being committed to Ireland, unless you are seeking a career that really leans on Asia (client/travel etc).

Basically the MBS is impressive, I was surprised by the experience we had in UCC with both excellent lecturers and content. UCC prepares you for the cultural/economic nuances of Asia.

As for NTU it has the majority of the business content, we are treated to Executive MBA Modules using the Harvard Case Study method. I see it as a quick fix version of an MBA that leans on Asia. Our lecturers are mostly previous industry leaders in companies like Microsoft and Intel.

The best year I could have possibly invested in!

Advertisement