Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Farmleigh Fellowship

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 An Dorn

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response.

As you indicated, I figured that the ideal scenario from the founders' perspective would be that the fellows would "set up shop out this direction after" as you put it.

I am open to spending a couple of years out east and I am certainly willing to make myself available to travel frequently were I based out of Europe or elsewhere. So, I think I will apply anyway and take it from there. I imagine the competition for places is very stiff anyway so it may all be irrelevant.

I will post again if I have any further queries.

Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Valentina24

Hi guys!

I received an email saying I had been successful for the next stage of the fellowship for 2013. Just wondering if anyone else has received a similar email or even if anyone has already had a company interview ...?

This waiting process is quite difficult :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tim_2011

Hi Valentina24, Congratulations! I got the same email and havent heard anything subsequently. As the email says its up to the companies to get in touch. I know that last year candidates were still being placed with sponsoring companies up to the last week of December.

Tim_2011 wrote: »
    Hi Valentina24, Congratulations! I got the same email and havent heard anything subsequently. As the email says its up to the companies to get in touch. I know that last year candidates were still being placed with sponsoring companies up to the last week of December.

You too Tim! Nice to get the email but it's till guarantees nothing. Here's hoping! Yeah I saw alright that interviews were going on until lateDecember last year. Bit drawn out but I guess it's worth it in the end if you are lucky enough to get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tim_2011

Ill post back if i hear anything either positive or negative in the coming weeks. best of luck!

• Advertisement

Tim_2011 wrote: »
    Ill post back if i hear anything either positive or negative in the coming weeks. best of luck!

Yeah I will do the same! Best of luck to you too:)

igmuel wrote: »
    If anyone has questions on the fellowship into the future myself and other Fellows would be happy to take them.

Regards,
    Miguel

Hi Miguel,

I received am email just last week saying I was through to the final stage of the FF Programme 2013. Just wondering when exactly most of you guys on the current FF did your 2 week company orientation session? And how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ruth2012

Has anyone heard anything from any of the sponsor companies yet?

Ruth2012 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from any of the sponsor companies yet?

Hey Ruth,

Nop, I haven't heard anything. Farmleigh told me that just 2 companies had completed their interviewing and that was on monday, more companies could have finished up since. They will contact us by the end of the next week with an update. They = Farmleigh.

Thanks Valentina, it's such a slow process!

• Advertisement

No problem! I have just been emailing Farmleigh as that seems to be the quickest, easiest thing to do. As Donagh has left Rica (the new head of the programme) was saying that they hope to update candidates by at least the end of November...which is next week. They realise that people need to know and they are trying to encourage the companies to do the interviews asap.

Totally agree about the whole slow process though, it's quite a difficult wait:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fox22

Hi guys, I was wondering does anyone know whether your CV gets emailed to just one company or a number of companies? E.g. if you are lucky enough to get an invitation to an interview, is this your only chance?

Hey Fox

I amn't sure to be honest. Your best bet may be to contact Farmleigh and get some direct info from them. From what I understood though I think our CVs are just sent to the one company. But I could be wrong.

Congrats if you were lucky to get an interview! I live in hope, ha.

Valentina and Fox, I emailed them over the weekend and got this reply:

Dear Ruth

Your CV is in our pool of candidates that has been presented to sponsors. At the moment, the sponsors are in the middle of contacting the candidates they have selected for the interview process. We are targeting the process to be complete by the end of the month as the MBS programme will commence early January.

However, some sponsors do take longer than others, and in rare circumstances we did have some candidates only getting confirmed sponsorship mid Dec. If you like to send me another email first week of December, I will have a better idea of where we are in the process.

Keep in mind that it will be at the companies discretion as to whether or not they would like to bring a candidate forward for an interview. Nevertheless, once the process is closed, we will send another notification to all candidates.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your continued interest in the programme.

Best regards,
    Rica Holiday

Hope this helps!

Thanks Ruth. The interview deadline should really be enforced by FF to be the end of November. This waiting game is difficult to say the least. And the longer it goes on the worse it is becoming.

I will email next week and see what I hear back. Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nimrod2000

I received the following email some time back and am still waiting to hear. I mean, maybe I won't hear back at all but it would be nice to know one way or the other. I'm not actually living in Ireland which makes it even more annoying as I'd have to arrange to move, etc etc.

"Having carefully considered your performance at the assessment centre and your online assessments we are pleased to inform you that you have been successful in progressing to the next stage of the selection process.

At this stage of the process we will match you with a Farmleigh Fellowship sponsoring company and begin submitting your application details to them for their consideration. It will be at the companies discretion as to whether or not they would like to bring you forward for a final interview.

All companies have been advised to get in touch with the candidates they would like to interview in the coming weeks.

Should you have any additional queries or require further information please contact us at recruitment@farmleighfellowship.com

Kind regards

Farmleigh Fellowship Team"

Yup, got the same one and still waiting! ....:/

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

Hi all,

I got offered a position on the farmleigh a couple of days ago, after 2 interviews with a company.

I don't have info for starting date or anything else at all, but will update when I get some.

Good luck to everybody.

Congratulations Rivers! Thats great news! Hope it all goes well for you!

Advertisement