Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 Pricing and Availability

Options
  • 27-10-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

This could be useful to a few people, particularly those who want to get the best deal possible. Would also be useful to have this thread in case some retailer (please please please) sells this Thursday night - stranger things have happened.

I know this much, Gamestop have the keyboards in stock, at least for the Xbox 360.

Think HMV are selling the game for 45.

Haven't heard about any bricks and mortar retailers stocking the bundle yet.

I haven't wanted a game to break street date this much since RB2.

So, for this to work we need people to post any info they can about pricing or availability :)

Comments

49.99 for the game by itself in Smyths.

Not sure if they're selling the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭ongarite

I need confirmation of PS3 keyboard availability at Gamestop please.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

From phone call to Galway HMV yesterday -
    HMV 360 Game : €45 (in OP)
    HMV 360 Keyboard Pre-Order Price: €80

As per above:
    HMV PS3 Game: €45
    HMV PS3 Keyboard Pre-Order Price: €80 (Not in stock yet, unknown launch day availability)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I was hoping for a bundle for €100, not looking good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just bought the keys in Gamestop - €69.99. Comes with a strap for keytar. Requires 3 aa batteries, also included. For 360 by the way.

Pre-ordered copy in Gamestop too for PS3 for €70.
    They have the Wii and 360 versions in stock but same as HMV no PS3 keyboards yet.

They said they "will definately" have them for Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmm 5er cheaper in GS for Game+KB but they aren't giving the free songs are they? I'd end up buying 2 of those for sure anyway.

@ Burning Eclipse : did they actually give you the keyboard and no game , talk about torturing yourself having to sit there looking at it until friday :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Hmmm 5er cheaper in GS for Game+KB but they aren't giving the free songs are they? I'd end up buying 2 of those for sure anyway.

@ Burning Eclipse : did they actually give you the keyboard and no game , talk about torturing yourself having to sit there looking at it until friday :D

:(

Yup, I was desperate for anything Rock Band 3 related (also hoping somewhere sells this tonight)! The keys feel pretty stiff, expecting them to loosen out, they were nice on the demo model over at Eurogamer.

1 Day!!!! I can't wait!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Bought the keyboard today for 70 in Gamestop and preordered the game for 50. BRING ON TOMORROW!

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Bought the keyboard today for 70 in Gamestop and preordered the game for 50. BRING ON TOMORROW!

If you're coming into Limerick for the game you might as well head to HMV on Cruises street to save €5!

Keys feel solid, don't they. MadCatz are a serious manufacturer these days. They used to make crap, but since the SF stuff it's been all good... :)

Yes, the keys are certainly a fantastic bit of tech! Ah, I'm getting the game in Ennis though, no journey for me!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yes, the keys are certainly a fantastic bit of tech! Ah, I'm getting the game in Ennis though, no journey for me!

Nice, didn't realise Ennis had a Gamestop!

It's the fanciest thing we have in Ennis :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

went into gamestop today about the keyboard and they only got two xbox keyboards in and they were pre booked, said he would try and get one in over the weekend so i pre booked that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Will be heading into town tomorrow to pick up the schtuff in HMV. I might try see if Gamestop have any keyboards left at that price, but tbh my hatred for Gamestop (well, my local branch anyway!) runs so deep I'm reluctant to give them money even if it is a tenner cheaper! Game will deffo be a HMV purchase, just for the awesome extra songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is no-one selling a keyboard and game bundle that you can save money on?

What songs are HMV giving away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Folks don't forget to download your 3 FREE doors songs before monday when they won;t be free any more ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ShaneU wrote: »
    Is no-one selling a keyboard and game bundle that you can save money on?

What songs are HMV giving away?

Burning Down the House - Talking Heads
    My Own Summer - Deftones
    Blue Monday - New Order

Good free songs = win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Gamestop in the Pavilions Swords only got 2 keyboards in for the 360. I got one of them. No keyboards in HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

any word on the guitar yet and how much?

No keyboards for PS3 available at all.
    Pre-ordered one in Gamestop but they haven't arrived in.
    Checked with HMV, GAME and Smyths also.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Enjoy your keyboards your lucky 360 owners.
    I have confirmed from ringing many stores near me that there is plenty in stock.

calex71 wrote: »
    Folks don't forget to download your 3 FREE doors songs before monday when they won;t be free any more ;)

Thanks Calex man, I completely forgot about it in the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

1268249849598.jpg

Poor PS3 owners

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Well here's my story,

Rang three Gamestops near me, all the keyboards sold out, went into the only other shop near me (GAME) They didn't have anything rock band 3 related on the shelves not even the game, asked the guy at the till, he said they only had the game out the back, he came back with the game and the keyboard :D They were charging €85 for the keyboard though :eek:

I asked did they have a price match policy, he said yeah and rang Gamestop, then I got it for €70 :D But then when I opened the game, the disc was damaged in the middle and I had to drive all the way back up to get a replacement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Anyone know anything about a seperate cymbal pack? wouldn't mind picking up the 3 pack to upgrade my beatles rock band drum kit. i presume it's only available over the net, anyone got any good sources?

as a side note, the fella at the till in hmv put a ps3 code for the free song pre-order for my xbox version! do you reckon if i go back tomorrow with my receipt they'll give me a 360 code instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Got the game in gamestop for 360 but just about, it was the last copy as all the others were prebooked. Just have to wait for my keyboard to come in which will hopefully be tomorrow, fingers crossed I get the phonecall tomorrow.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about a seperate cymbal pack? wouldn't mind picking up the 3 pack to upgrade my beatles rock band drum kit. i presume it's only available over the net, anyone got any good sources?

as a side note, the fella at the till in hmv put a ps3 code for the free song pre-order for my xbox version! do you reckon if i go back tomorrow with my receipt they'll give me a 360 code instead?

Pretty sure Amazon have them, and they're always pretty reasonable price wise :)

Also, I'm sure if they had codes left they'd have no problem with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Zavvi and The Hut have now dropped the price of the mustang for the 360 to £100 like the ps3 model. I had a 10% off code so I ordered one for £90. They now say they'll have them on the 19th.

Advertisement