Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 Pricing and Availability

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Has anyone encountered problems registering with Shopto? I was thinking of upgrading to the pro-drums but I can't seem to register with their site as it keeps saying "some required fields are missing". Howover it doesn't actually highlight which fields are missing? I've double-checked plenty of times and made sure all the required fields are filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered problems registering with Shopto? I was thinking of upgrading to the pro-drums but I can't seem to register with their site as it keeps saying "some required fields are missing". Howover it doesn't actually highlight which fields are missing? I've double-checked plenty of times and made sure all the required fields are filled.

The field that your missing is probably postcode as we don't have any. Just make sure to put in n/a or something as the code.

And a word of warning, shipping for any rb3 instruments from shopto costs £20 due to needing to be couriered.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I've got a dublin address so the postcode was filled. Well, if I can't register they won't get my money. I'll just wait until Amazon has them back in stock after xmas.

Amazon uk have the pro drums back in stock for £100 with free shipping if anyone is interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rock band 3 is €35 in HMV new now, decent price I think. Doubt you will get it much cheaper than that for a good few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Awesome! I'll be popping in there after Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Anyone know where to buy the Mustang pro guitar for the Xbox locally? also what kind of prices have you been seeing it for?

Thanks

6 ps3 keyboards in hmv on Henry st

Mine shipped today from amazon so I dont know why the date changed. I see they also put the price up by £9.

EDIT: That date is for a reseller. It seems that amazon themselves are only honoring their preorders and seem to have discontinued stocking it.

HMV have them for £120 + £2.50 shipping. They will ship it here as well and if you have one of their student cards you will get 10% off it, even online.

Did your mustang arrive from amazon yet mate?

How are you finding it if it has?

Not yet unfortunately. Can't open it until the 25th even if it does arrive as my parents are giving it to me for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sickened! Don't think I'd be able to wait that long!

One set of rb3 drums for 360 in hmv Henry st for €135

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

anything on the mustang pro, have ordered mine from hmv but still says awaiting stock allocatation what ever that means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Bought a mustang on ebay last Wednesday for £110 and it arrived today in a much smaller box than i expected to see. Couldn't wait for online retailers and was getting annoyed with the ever changing release date. Wish I thought of eBay sooner tbh. Plan to do the same with the midi adapter for my drum set.

anything on the mustang pro, have ordered mine from hmv but still says awaiting stock allocatation what ever that means?

Still hasn't arrived, but with the way the weather is I'm not too woried yet. I didn't get post all last week and was snowed in with about a foot of snow outside:(. Hopefully with things starting to move again I'll have it tomorrow.

Mustang arrived today. The box is a good bit smaller than I expected. Pity I can't touch it fo another 3 weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Mustang arrived today. The box is a good bit smaller than I expected. Pity I can't touch it fo another 3 weeks though.

dosn't it dismantle the neck comes of the body probily why its small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Open the box take out the guitar and stuff a phone book inside, simples ;)

calex71 wrote: »
    Open the box take out the guitar and stuff a phone book inside, simples ;)

Unfortunately that won't work as there is a window on it. The strings look weird too. They look more like soldering wire than guitar strings.

Unfortunately that won't work as there is a window on it. The strings look weird too. They look more like soldering wire than guitar strings.

One thing I was wondering about it was does it come with a plec/pick :confused:

And what happens if you break a string, let us know when you open it ...... eventually :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

No. It comes with two :P A black and white Fender brand pick to cater to all you racists out there.
    And what happens if you break a string, let us know when you open it ...... eventually :p
    The strings seem very strong and durable to me. Might be because they're stretched over a shorter distance. It's a bit hard to tell which string you're picking because they're all the same thickness and texture so I got lost a lot when i started.

It come with two medium gauge fender picks. It doesn't say in the manual how to change the strings either, but it looks like the bridge is removable to gain access to the string assembly. Needed to check the manual for storage temps in case of damage and that wasn't stated either.

Needed to check the manual for storage temps in case of damage and that wasn't stated either.

Yes , I heard long exposure to the lights while sitting under a christmas tree is bad for it, you should move it closer to the xbox and open the box just in case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

No. It comes with two :P A black and white Fender brand pick to cater to all you racists out there.

The strings seem very strong and durable to me. Might be because they're stretched over a shorter distance. It's a bit hard to tell which string you're picking because they're all the same thickness and texture so I got lost a lot when i started.

complete moron/newbie question here... do you only pick specific strings or does it matter while you are playing the game?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You have to play the exact sting and the exact fret otherwise it doesn't count. Be pointless otherwise!

But can you mute all other strings and strum? For some situations that's more stylistically correct... it would annoy me to not be able to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Due to my current level of poverty, I was delighted to stumble upon RB3 on amazon for under £25, taking delivery tomorrow according to them... waiting now to see if any relatives take pity on me over christmas and give me some money so I can put it towards the keyboard, currently at £59.99 on play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just an FYI for anyone out there in need of getting the drum kit, the official madcatz store (they make the instruments for RB) is the cheapest spot at £79.99 or approx €95. Some prices on Amazon have them at approx €120 and play.com has them at €139.99

Can get a bundle of game software, drums, new guitar and keyboard for £199.99 (hefty enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Is the RB3 Keyboard available at all in the City Centre, Dublin? Thinking of picking it up but I know people were having problems finding it, is their any chance I will be able to pick it up tomorrow?

Might get the real guitar as well its that easily available? Any shops have it if you have been in recently. Cheers.4

Oh and talking about PS3 as well.. Forgot that :D

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Is the RB3 Keyboard available at all in the City Centre, Dublin? Thinking of picking it up but I know people were having problems finding it, is their any chance I will be able to pick it up tomorrow?

Might get the real guitar as well its that easily available? Any shops have it if you have been in recently. Cheers.4

Oh and talking about PS3 as well.. Forgot that :D

Hmv had a few on Henry st. Don't know if they have any left. Try Gamestop first as its only €70 compared to €80 in Hmv and €85 in Game

Advertisement