Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 Pricing and Availability

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Hmv had a few on Henry st. Don't know if they have any left. Try Gamestop first as its only €70 compared to €80 in Hmv and €85 in Game

Nice one.. Is that the Keyboard or Pro Guitar thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Nice one.. Is that the Keyboard or Pro Guitar thingy?

Keyboard. Good look finding a mustang or Squire(when its released) in Dublin. I had an awful time getting a Mustang from England at a reasonable price that didn't charge insane amounts of cash for delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

no pro guitar = epic fail. it's most of the reason i bought the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Keyboard. Good look finding a mustang or Squire(when its released) in Dublin. I had an awful time getting a Mustang from England at a reasonable price that didn't charge insane amounts of cash for delivery.
    I got the Keyboard today in Gamestop (They had 2 left at about 1 today if anyone wants to try it) and HMV had I think 2. Might try order a Mustang, in January as its not that important. Thanks for your help Sniper.

Not exactly rb3 but, song pack 2 on 360 is €6 in HMV if anyone is interested in 20 cheap songs. They also have it and song pack 1 for the wii

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not exactly rb3 but, song pack 2 on 360 is €6 in HMV if anyone is interested in 20 cheap songs. They also have it and song pack 1 for the wii

Snap was just back from town and was about to post, only had wii versions in drogheda though. 20 great songs in TP2 and it's a free export to RB1/2/3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭groggles11

See a drum set in HMV for €12 and a guitar/game bundle for 60 in Smyths. Is that the cheapest available basic set? Any bundles do two guitars and game for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

any RB3 and Keytar in the sales?

allanb49 wrote: »
    any RB3 and Keytar in the sales?

Game dropped the price of the keyboard to €75 ,so its still cheaper in Gamestop at full price. Most places have dropped the game down to €35 for the ps3 and 360 and to €30 for the wii

Game dropped the price of the keyboard to €75 ,so its still cheaper in Gamestop at full price. Most places have dropped the game down to €35 for the ps3 and 360 and to €30 for the wii

yeah yeah yeah enough about that , just tell us what the pro guitar is like, did you get one ????

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    yeah yeah yeah enough about that , just tell us what the pro guitar is like, did you get one ????

Yes I did get one and it is awesome.

For the most part it is exactly like a real guitar, but a little more awkward to use. I never realised how much I relied on the thickness of the string to recognise which string I'm fretting. Deploying overdrive without using a pedal is extremely difficult without breaking your streak as well so its a good idea to use a stomp box if you have one.

My main problem with the Mustang apart from the bad playing habits it can teach you such as overstrumming and poor fret placing is the lack of a substitute for the orange button. As it lacks the orange button/ right bumper you cant just jump between catagories when looking for a song:(.

Overall the build quality is very good all the buttons are responsive with the slightest touch activating the buttons. The trainer is very comprehensive and I would recommend it if you are a beginner or need practice with your chords. Each song also has a training mode where it will teach you how to play the main riffs for the song on each difficulty. This is a very nice feature that will help you nail the note changes on the main riffs without having to play the whole song until you feel you are ready.

4/5

A great guitar with a reasonable price. Loses the mark for not being able to emulate the changing thickness of the strings whichi will affect you starting out if you play guitar. Doesn't drop a mark for the bad play habits it can form as that is more of a software issue than hardware as the game lets you away with overstrumming and can't tell where your finger is on the fret(the same will also apply for the strat).

any where selling the keyboard on its lonesome, if not will buy the set on friday

any where selling the keyboard on its lonesome, if not will buy the set on friday

Try gamestop for the keyboard as they are the cheapest at €70, but i've only seen ps3 and wii units as of late so you might have some trouble if you're looking for it on the 360. Combine that with the game seperately at the moment and you'll get both for €100-€105 depending on format whichi is cheaper than the set on every online retailer once shipping is accounted for.

So 70 for the keyboard on its own or 75 with the game and keyboard :P

Anywhere have the keyboard or keyboard and game in stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I've seen some in HMV - check another of their branches if you've no luck first time.

which hmv :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Well, the one in Sligo has them :P HMV Grafton St. and HMV Dundrum both had them just before Christmas but I haven't been up there since. Best bet is to call the stores and check availability - you can get all the Irish store's numbers on hmv.com

Ah called Graffton St and they said nope, as did henry st and liffey valley and game in dawson st are also out. Shall try Dúndroma on my lunch break :D fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

HMV in Pavilions, Swords had the keyboard for all consoles last week.

• Advertisement

DarrenG wrote: »
    HMV in Pavilions, Swords had the keyboard for all consoles last week.

How do i get to Swords from leixlip on the olde buses :P

Guy on adverts selling the game for €30

No shops in dublin have any in stock :S

Will get the keytar next month

Ok, didn't think this happened anymore,

But the game is sold out completly in dublin.

Went to Liffey Valley yesterday

HMV - out of stock
    Game - out of stock
    Smyths - out of stock

Rang the following shops

Gamestop Henry St, one beside burdocks, Stephens Green - Out of stock
    Hmv - Henry St/Graffton St - out of stock
    Hmv Dundrum phone is off the hook
    Game Dawson St/Dundrum/Hamleys - out of stock
    Smyths Henry St - out of stock

sigh

Game Ilac Centre - out of stock

Tried Xtra Vision??? I checked Arogs and won't even mention what a search for Rock Band brings up :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    Tried Xtra Vision??? I checked Arogs and won't even mention what a search for Rock Band brings up :mad:

Argos - Search Rock Band

- Did you mean guitar hero

Xtra Vision have nothing in leixlip or maynooth never received any in

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Argos - Search Rock Band

- Did you mean guitar hero

*explodes in rage*

D4RK ONION wrote: »

*explodes in rage*

^

Reason why i didn't mention Argos,

You know he's of a nervous disposition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Can someone tell me where to get the cymbols and the full Pro drum kit? I have not got the game yet but will be this weekend :)

Can someone tell me where to get the cymbols and the full Pro drum kit? I have not got the game yet but will be this weekend :)

As of yesterday HMV on Henry St have 2 sets of the RB3 drums for €135 on the 360. If you're looking for them on another format you will need to order them online as no one is stocking them.

If you are only after the cymbals good luck as the only place that has them is Mad Catz gameshark store who wont ship to Ireland and the usual Ebay gougers are looking for around €80 plus shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

As of yesterday HMV on Henry St have 2 sets of the RB3 drums for €135 on the 360. If you're looking for them on another format you will need to order them online as no one is stocking them.

If you are only after the cymbals good luck as the only place that has them is Mad Catz gameshark store who wont ship to Ireland and the usual Ebay gougers are looking for around €80 plus shipping.
    Cheers mate but I am looking for them on PS3. What sites would you recommend for ordering online. Tryed a few like Amazon etc, prices were very high though

Advertisement