Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion

Options
  • 27-10-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I have been working for a Chinese company in Ireland for over a year and a half, I was doing an assembly job. Last May I was told I was being sent over to China to get training as part of a promotion to replace a Chinese person who was returning to China. I did the training in the end of June.

When I came back I was told I was going to be doing Customer Support and Product Repair/Servicing. These jobs were done by 2 Chinese people. I have been doing these two jobs for 4 months now and I have not yet heard anything on a pay rise or written details of my new position. The only thing I did hear today from my manager was that he was talking to the boss in China and they said I'd hear something at the start of the New Year.

Is this legal or where do I stand in relation to employee's rights etc. It's very frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fusion158

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where did you get the idea that promotion implied pay rise?

Agree that your job-description should be updated, but on the scale of illegal, it's pretty far down the pecking order I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

When I got a promotion in my job they gave me a letter saying "your contract has been amended as follows" with details of my new job title, new salary and a couple of other changes (which I signed). TBH it wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't receive the letter

Advertisement