Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap (est) fixed wheelset & parts

• 27-10-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am building up an old peugeot frame as a run around and lock in town bike and am looking to pick up the a cheap wheelset or rear wheel. I heard mention of one for about 50 in a shop in dublin, but cant find the thread now. Anyone have one they want to shift or know where I can get a decent cheap one or set (must be flip flop).

Also looking for a chaeap chainset or good quality. any recommendations.

And finally, the hole on the brake bridge at the rear is going vertivally down, what can be done here so i can have a horizontal hole for the brake.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

CityCycles in blackhall place (smithfield) did rear wheels for c.70 a few months ago. They were grand except they took their track heritage a bit seriously i.e. any tyre wider than 23c was a nightmare to fit.

Still have and don't need it, yours for 30, send a PM f interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

souter wrote: »
    CityCycles in blackhall place (smithfield) did rear wheels for c.70 a few months ago. They were grand except they took their track heritage a bit seriously i.e. any tyre wider than 23c was a nightmare to fit.

Cheers, spoke to them before, its the cheapest so far. 23c not an issue, did you get the lockring and sprocket for that price?

Can't remember if these were included. I'll check if my ahem alternative offer includes said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I remember there being 50e second hand wheels around but they were that price because the fixed side was stripped and it was only useable as a single speed.

Rothar in phibsboro do flip flop wheels for around the 100e mark. Quality goods to boot. Worth checking out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Ant

souter wrote: »

Still have and don't need it, yours for 30, send a PM f interested.

Hey Souter,

If the wheel is a flip-flop hub and funkyjebus declines your offer, I'd be interested as I only just started looking for a new rear wheel for my Singlecross as I stripped the threads on the fixed side earlier this year when I had a working collarbone.

• Advertisement

Posted my wheel for sale here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68715592#post68715592.
    Price has gone up to include tyre and sprocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

sorry souter. missed ou offer yesterday. have offered your asking on your sale thread. will send a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭JMJR

I think Sport DHS on Harolds Cross Road do a rear wheel c/w sprocket & lockring for about 40/50 é mark. But some ppl here have mixed views about quality of repairs and supports.
    john

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65239507

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

JMJR wrote: »
    I think Sport DHS on Harolds Cross Road do a rear wheel c/w sprocket & lockring for about 40/50 é mark. But some ppl here have mixed views about quality of repairs and supports.
    john

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65239507
    been there a few times, think its a polish lad running the place or head mechanic. he seemed sound. saw some fixed hub wheels, they were novatec track hubs which are decent quality. exact same hub shell as 'token','formula','on-one', not sure on the rims, but you get what you pay for.

Advertisement