Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating while pregnant

Options
  • 27-10-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im nearly 12 wks pregnant and am finding it hard to eat regulaly during the day, and eat the correct foods ie the 5 a day, due to working times from early evening to late nights, and often nap during the day. would any1 have advice on how to fit your proper diet in or wat you found good to eat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

hi brilou

I wasn't working during my pregnancy but I was eating more than 5 times a day. it depends on every woman I guess. however I avoided (no cravings) sweets and had loads of fruit in between meals. I was getting REAlly big last 3 months.
    don't forget calcium (milk-unless you are lactoze intolerant then try lactofree milk) otherwise you might have problems with bones and teeth. Also iron is very important.
    I also got vitamin suplement and I have to say that on my ward I was the only one who had big and healthy baby and I'm loosing weight quite quick (BF and no sweets) rather than being huge and having small baby. so 3 months after birth and nearly back to my normal size
    some women forget that eating too much sweets during pregnancy and gaining weight (empty calories) won't dissapear after birth.

when sicknes kicked in (about 12wks-23wks) I started day with glass of warm water and lemon+fresh ginger+honey
    then bowl of cereal and a fruit
    then fruit again or some dairy product
    then lunch and loads of vegies and meat (can't live without meat :) )
    I red alot about food and I guess snacking is important here. apple here, carrot there, etc. I was eating a lot but only the proper food.You need calories and vit because baby is TAKING plenty of your system. so try to watch yourself and do your best to schedule meals even at work.

Advertisement