Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCI Wifi

Options
  • 27-10-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Has anyone been able to use it this week?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

The Wifi is hit and miss at the best of times. It's been brutal since coming back in September and unusable at times. The whole IT set up in there is frustrating at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭physter

The IT is ridiculous, I dare you to use an nci computer for more than 5 minutes without it stalling and getting the spinning blue circle, and that's just using Internet explorer (have you heard nci don't support firefox anymore so they won't even entertain problems with that).

The amount of times visual studio has crashed taking everything with it or flex builder having some ridiculous problems just trying to save files or view them in a browser. Of course they have their many many nci specific work arounds to be fair to them, you have to save and load everything from the H drive, but there's two different ways to access the H drive, one drive for saving things, one drive for loading things. I would love to see how the IT is set up to see why these work arounds are necessary.

As for the wifi, the only way I can get some form of wireless is by jumping from the NCI_student wireless to the NCI_visitor wireless and back again, enabling and disabling the manual proxy settings as needed to maintain a workable connection.

/rant

Again to be fair to them they did connect me about a previous rant I made on here and met up with me to try and fix the issues and they do seem to be approachable about these things but their solutions are only ever temporary and I gave up on going back to them again and again just to have a one day fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hmmm, something like that would concern me about going to NCI if they have an I.T. school and can't have a basic I.T. set-up (by college standards) working..

Advertisement