Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good looking baby - are there any film / promotion opportunities?

• 27-10-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭

A friends baby (1 year old) is a real looker and smiles and laughs a lot, a real bundle of joy.

Is there an agency to sign to them up with or is it a waste of time.

I was just thinking of that funny ad on TV with the babies laughing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Those babies aren't agency babies, they were picked from a competition cow & gate ran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭worded

Those babies aren't agency babies, they were picked from a competition cow & gate ran.

Ah ok.

Im thinking the agencies may charge a fee for registering and are the only ones making money.

Perhaps Im being cynical.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

next are running a competition at the moment ,might be worth looking up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Do the child's parents have an interest in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

OT, but has anyone watched the BBC documentary 'The Human Body' by Robert Winston? There's a very funny bit about parents cooing over their babies, thinking that they are the most beautiful babies ever born, when any sensible person can see that said baby is actually still a bit swollen and misshapen and yes, ugly, so shortly after birth. Apparently the rose-coloured specs are caused by parental hormones and it affects both parents, otherwise we'd all be abandoning our fugly babies left right and centre.

So OP, this baby must be special if even you think it's pretty!

• Advertisement

OT, but has anyone watched the BBC documentary 'The Human Body' by Robert Winston? There's a very funny bit about parents cooing over their babies, thinking that they are the most beautiful babies ever born, when any sensible person can see that said baby is actually still a bit swollen and misshapen and yes, ugly, so shortly after birth. Apparently the rose-coloured specs are caused by parental hormones and it affects both parents, otherwise we'd all be abandoning our fugly babies left right and centre.

So OP, this baby must be special if even you think it's pretty!

Yeah the OH was saying this baby is a cracker.
    My mate has been stopped in super markets by young wans drooling over the baby.

One woman said oh my god if I could have a baby like that!
    He was thinking ............. do you know what you are thinking FFS!

On the subject of parental love, my OH asked the mid wives when the parents ask if the baby looks more like the father or mother what do they say?

She was told they always say it looks more like the father regardless so he will bond with the child!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

worded wrote: »
    On the subject of parental love, my OH asked the mid wives when the parents ask if the baby looks more like the father or mother what do they say?

She was told they always say it looks more like the father regardless so he will bond with the child!

I'm a midwife and that isn't true I'm afraid!

Advertisement