Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selfbuild on a tight budget

Options
  • 27-10-2010 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all..
    Im sorry to be posting a probably frequently asked question, but Im new, so forgive me! :o Myself & my partner are about to start the long journey down the road of self-building on a very tight budget. Our house is roughly 2490 sq ft & our budget is 150k. We are going to try save as much as possible on labour by getting family to help &friends to do jobs, & himself will do as much as he can. My question is, how do we save on materials, they seem to be the only thing that hasn't gone down in price. If we shop local we can cut down on delivery costs, but local builder providers are often more expensive for the products themselves, Im not talking about going for inferior products, but Im trying to save ourselves money where we can! If anybody can help or has any suggestions I would be extremely grateful. :confused:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement