Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic eircom man

• 27-10-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

On eircom's (up to) 8mb service,usually achieve 3.8ish on wired desktop. Ran speedtest today - 3.86 - and then rang eircom. Asked if the speed shown on the router connection page (4480/512) is the fastest I can expect to achieve on my line.

As I ask the question, the connection drops. When the connection comes back up the speed is 6xxx - can't remember exactly. Yelps of amazement and gratitude to the magic eircom man who modestly says he done nothin'. Ran speedtest - yes, it's over 6. Joy unlimited. Thanks magic eircom man, end call.

Ran speedtest again just for the joy of seeing 6.something. 3.7. Checked router connection page again - speed back to 4480.

So here's my question - can I phone eircom again and demand (nicely) that incredible 6?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

That's quite a jump in sync speed alright. Sounds like your connection is capable of syncing at 6mb but its unstable when it does. Unplug everything from the phone sockets in your house. Connect thee modem to the main socket & see what the sync speed is.

Advertisement